Skills: Commercial Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Panama City, Florida, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Prepares, distributes and revises price quotations and proposals for new umbilical systems and project change orders. Reviews technical and commercial terms of customer request for quotes (RFQ). Coordinates, as required, with Sales, Contracts, Estimating, Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality and HSE in the preparation of customer price quotations and proposals.
Develops cost estimates based on information provided primarily by sales for all projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing proposal preparation and submittal by assisgned due date
- Receive, review and extract customer's scope of work requriements from RFQ's
- Prepare and conduct proposal or bid kickoff meetings
- Create and distribute proposal execution plans
- Conduct Risk Management Reviews and update risk registers
- Prepare proposal pricing sheets
- Process contract awards or sales orders
- Prepare and conduct handover meetings to Project Management
- Interface with internal and external customers
- Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for products, projects or services.
- Review engineered and historical data to determine material and labor requirements and prepare itemized lists.
- Compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for sales quotations and management purposes such as organizing, scheduling work and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard material costs and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consult with vendors or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Interface with Project Managers and Accounting Manager for job specific cost analyses to interpret variance of gross profit margins.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Manager and Master Scheduler to adjust machine run and set up times based on actual information. Maintain cost estimating data base to keep it current.
- Work with Accounting Manager as required, to confirm correct labor rates are being used in all cost estimates.
- Primary point of contact with customer
- Ensure adequate resources are available for proposal execution
- Support technical evaluations of proposals
- Represent the Company at meetings with key customers, assist Sales Representatives in maintaining customer relationships, assist in negotiating and closing contracts
- Will cross-train to support the Estimator position
- Undertake periodic domestic and international travel as required
- Ability to work in the plant and home office environment as needed
- Participate in safety safaris
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent. At least 3 years of experience in support of a sales or proposals function, RFQ process or technical proposals.
- Experience with Microsoft Office365
- Verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prepare and present to groups of individuals.
- Must be able to pass a background check and obtain a Transportation Worker's Identification Credential (TWIC) for port access
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Management, Operations Management, Project Management, Psychology, Human Resources
- PMI CAPM certification
- Experience with customer inferface, customer relationship management software, professional sales, proposal management, project management and manufacturing processes
- Understanding of umbilical components and use of umbilicals
- Ability to read, understand and critique commercial terms and conditions; understanding of basic domestic and international business contracts and agreements
- Working within structure of teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Approaches a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail
- Identifying and responding to current and future client needs; providing excellent service to internal and external clients
- Listens to others and communicates in an effective manner
- Willingness to delegate responsibility, work with others, and coach them to develop their capabilities
- Identifying the information needed to clarify a situation and drawing out the information when others are reluctant to disclose it
- Anticipating the implications and consequences of situations and taking appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies
- The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions
- The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with others inside or outside of the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support
- Focusing personal efforts on achieving results consistent with the organization's objectives
- Identifying, assessing, and managing risk while striving to attain objectives
- The ability to function effectively when under pressure and maintain self control in the face of hostility or provocation
- Ability to effectively manage and guide group efforts; includes providing appropriate level of feedback concerning group progres
- Ability to effectively work and complete assignments in group settings; works cooperatively with others to achieve common goals
- Ability to communicate ideas, thoughts, and facts in writing; ability/skill in using correct grammar, correct spelling, sentence and document structure, accepted document formatting, and special literary techniques to communicate a message in writing
The position will be Hybrid - Remote work until our return to the office post-pandemic. Employees are expected to be able to travel to their designated office as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.