Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood has an immediate requirement for a Graduate Engineer to join our Perth based Consulting team. This is a terrific opportunity for a Graduate or engineer with limited experience to join a team of technical specialists working within engineering dynamics specifically focusing on static equipment systems.
This is a practical consulting role combining hands-on field work and office based analysis and reporting. In this role you will demonstrate your technical interests, particularly resolving the causes and effects of vibration in static equipment and structures, including piping and instrument tubing. Working enthusiastically you will provide engineering solutions and services improving the integrity and performance of our client's facilities. You will be enrolled in Wood's Graduate Development Program of ongoing professional training and join a group of talented professionals globally.
We are looking for an applicant who will demonstrate experience or interest in the following:
- a passion for troubleshooting
- an interest in field work
- vibration-related integrity risk management to assist clients reduce emissions, increase safety and reliability in their assets.
- using innovation to assist clients with energy transition and digitalisation
With 40,000 professionals, across 60 countries, we are one of the world's leading consulting and engineering companies operating across energy, sustainability and renewable sectors. United by our common purpose to unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges, we are future ready, now.
For your application to be eligible, we ask you to supply a copy of both your resume and academic transcript. Our suggestion is to merge the documents into a singular document and upload to accompany your application.
Please note that applicants must be either an Australian citizen or hold Permanent Residency (PR) to be considered for this role.
Skills / Qualifications
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. What we look for as a member of Wood's Graduate Program:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineering, Masters students encouraged to apply
- Ideally targeting graduates with between 1-3 years experience
You will demonstrate:
- Familiarity with piping vibration or structural dynamics - this is preferred however not essential
- Familiarity with process and piping drawings such as P&IDs and isometrics
- An interest in digital projects / coding / data handling e.g using Python, SQL, Power BI Visualisations)
- Strong communication skills, technically curious and able to provide a customer focused service
- Ability to work within project budget, schedule and resource constraints
- Strong competency in English literacy, effective report writing skills and computer proficient
- Flexibility to take on site travel to client locations throughout Australia when required
- Commitment to HSE in the workplace
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.