Skills: OIM, Rig Manager
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Act as a subject matter expert and member of the Offshore Excellence assurance team. Responsible to identify operational risk profiles, workstream inefficiencies, and best practices to implement practical solutions through a collaborative peer-to-peer survey program.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· USCG MODU OIM License, Unrestricted, Surface Units Underway or Surface Units on Location.
· Working towards Unrestricted License
· Strong technical background in all aspects of drilling operations and support equipment
· Excellent leadership, communication and management skills
· Proficient computer skills in office software and company proprietary software
· Experienced in marine environmental and hazardous material regulations and procedures
· Experienced in offshore marine operations, industrial environment, and drilling operations
· Ability to handle multiple tasks on a daily basis and to follow-up on all tasking to completion
· Ability to claim and accept ownership of rig equipment and processes, and to provide appropriate
· leadership when called upon
· Excellent customer service skills to deal with all manner, and type, of customers
· Completed all training requirements for Assistant Rig Manager
· Required to be in previous organizational function for at least 1-year per current job description.
· Committed to OE peer group assurance team for a of minimum of 1-year. This comprises of working an offshore rotation in various worldwide geographical areas over the term.
· Selected by management as a candidate with attributes consistent with having a passion for improvement and procedural discipline.
· Act as a SME (subject matter expert) in one of three fields: drilling, technical, or marine - as a member of the OE peer group assurance team.
· Have a high level of commitment to drive organization performance by ensuring proper outcomes regarding maintenance activities, safety critical, environmental critical, and operational critical elements.
· Required to attend various MODU, as part of a larger team of SMEs, to include drill ships, semi-submersibles, and jack-up rigs across all geographical locations.
· Identify areas of improvement to enhance safety, operating, and maintenance policies through the OE self-assurance team framework by recording finding and proposing solutions.
· Actively drive question sets by participating in workshops, performance reviews and/or trending outcomes.
· Be an integral part of the assurance framework by identifying practical datapoints to inspect and record as part of the improvement process, to include but not limited to the following: MOC, TAB status, safety case major hazards, and procedural discipline.
· Responsible to conduct a meeting with the Senior Rig Management Team upon arrival at the subject MODU to ensure a full understanding of internal peer group survey content requirements and commitments.
· Ensure MODU personnel understand the purpose of the peer group survey by standing up in daily meetings and encourage active discussions.
· Responsible to conduct a meeting with the Senior Rig Management Team at conclusion of vessel attendance to discuss observations and opportunities for improvement.
· Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills including dealing with conflict and maintaining workflows to achieve survey objectives.
· Provide support to the Port Captain in the development and execution of surveys and resulting findings to develop plan of action.
· Lead on the company's safety management system through the continuous review of policies.
· Interact with personnel throughout the Company conveying the company's guiding principles of integrity, objectivity, innovation, excellence, and teamwork.
· Effective at managing, guiding, and supporting OE assurance survey team.
· Adept at working in a culturally diverse environment.
· Support ISM and ISPS Compliance.
· Have a working knowledge of the OCIMF OVID inspection criteria.
· Participation in the company's HSE policies and campaigns is essential.