Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Digital Twin 3D Model Lead with experience in the delivery of asset digitalization projects in the oil & gas sector.
Digital Twin 3D Model Lead supports Wood's digital asset and digital twin projects. The role supports both our clients and internal team, acting as our subject matter expert in 3D model management tool-sets and systems, including AVEVA engineering and design systems (E3D/PDMS) and other related digital twin systems .
The Digital Twin 3D Model Lead may act as the Programme Manager, supporting our clients and internal team, and acting as their subject matter expert in information and data management, including 3D model management tool-sets and digital asset projects.
They are responsible for developing and transitioning key digital asset projects across the asset lifecycle with reference to their systems, workflows, governance and data hierarchy, and as appropriate developing governance, standards, processes and workflows to support this.
The Digital Twin 3D Model Lead is responsible for ensuring the brownfield 3D Model aligns with as-built facility and reference data such as point cloud lazer scan. This will include identifying 3D model updates and working internal and external SME's and design teams for the as-build model creation as well on ongoing sustainment.
Skills / Qualifications
Principal accountabilities include:
- Leading Digital Twin and 3D Model As-Build projects
- Defining requirements to ensure full alignment with our clients when proposing digital, data and 3D solutions
- Providing support and guidance to client's with reference to their current and future digital, data and 3D model needs
- Defining scopes for new and / or improved systems, tool-sets, processes and workflows in the digital twin space
- Developing and supporting plans for data improvement and migration, including managing and supporting identified gaps in data quality
- Evaluating 3D model and As-Build data set across facility lifecycles
- Assessing technologies and vendors and providing proof of concepts
- Contributing to commercial bids, tenders and quotations
- Interfacing with potential clients to define and win new scopes of work
- Interfacing with existing clients to develop new business opportunities, improvement and growth
- Establishing Wood as the provider of choice within digital twin (physical) scopes
- Provide thought leadership on digital twin delivery and 3D model management Systems
- University Degree (bachelors or masters) in Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent combination of qualifications and experience)
Job specific experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in engineering design in Energy Sector or related field industries
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with advanced 3D model management system eg. AVEVA engineering and design systems (E3D/PDMS)
- Strong experience in project management delivery
- Expert in stakeholder management with experience in managing challenging interfaces and developing strong customer relationships
- Experience of implementing successful project performance improvement activities and techniques for recovering poor performance
Areas of Expertise:
- Deep knowledge of 3D Model management systems and data processing, with strong capabilities across a range of technologies
- Specific experience in multi-discipline engineering design models
- Able to identify and implement architecture best practices and standards
- Technical knowledge to required to lead system and solution mapping, scalability, availability and performance activities
- Proven experience of team leadership and people management skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills and the capability to communicate and work well with the leadership team, the business, as well as with specialists from related fields, including project managers, database developers, software engineers and data scientists
- Agile mindset and understands Scrum methodology (preferred)
- Excellent influencing and reasoning skills; good at conflict resolution and consensus building
- Strong working knowledge of AVEVA engineering and design systems (E3D/PDMS) and other engineering systems
- Familiarity with Bentley, Aveva, Hexagon & Cognite would be an advantage
- Strong understanding of solution and data architecture
- Data science skills advantageous
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.