Houma, Louisiana, United States
Houma, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Field Service Tech, Mechanic
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houma, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Deepwater Production Mechanic
A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the following:
o Safety Awareness
o Work Ethic
o Technical Skill
o Customer Focus
o Open Communication
o Implementing Vision and Values
· Operates, tests, maintains, repairs and record keeps required data on all safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations and approved facility permit safe chart. This includes such devices as control valves, actuators, sensors, pilots, pressures, and temperature or level controllers. In addition, must maintain facility safety equipment, which includes firefighting equipment, emergency supplies, survival capsules, navigational aids, and alarm systems in accordance with BSEE and USCG regulations.
· Operation and maintenance of all rotating equipment such as compressors, generators, platform cranes, pumps, winches, etc. in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. Monitor control panels, shutdown devices, liquid levels, flow rates, temperatures, etc. to keep them within the designed operating range.
· Inspect, troubleshoot and repair platform mechanical equipment according to applicable company requirements and OEM specifications. This includes, but is not limited to, reciprocating compressors, gas and diesel engines and generators and pumps.
· Repair and replace seals and properly align shafts in various types of pumps including, but not limited to, centrifugal, water, chemical or crude oil pumps; submersible pumps and injection pumps.
· Check and set mechanical clearances to comply with OEM specified tolerances using dial test indicators, feeler gauge micrometers, calipers, strain gauges, deflection gauge, etc.
· Perform all preventative maintenance in accordance with applicable company procedures.
· Record all maintained data in proper logs or maintenance records.
· Monitor operating parameters on equipment; make adjustments, report unusual conditions to platform supervisor.
· Communicate daily status/production reports to customer representatives
· Additional duties per Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· 3 Years of Deepwater Experience
· Should be familiar with Subsea Equipment
· Organization skills to maintain platform
· Excellent Interpersonal Communications skills in a team environment
· Crane Certification preferred
· STCW Training
· Proficient computer skills
· 2+ years' experience offshore and/or land Natural Gas Compressors
· Some turbine experience is necessary
· Strong Troubleshooting skills is a must
· Strong Knowledge of Engine Systems and Engine Controls is a must
· Knowledge and experience with pumps and diesel engine is needed
· Ability to service, maintain, and test engine shutdown systems
· Ability to do a complete in frame overhaul and to do complete rebuilds is a plus
· Ability to read and interpret drawings and technical manuals
· Ability to travel by helicopter or boat
Candidates will be required to complete:
· Written Assessment
· Drug & Alcohol Test
· Physical, Agility, and Respirator Fit Test