Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading, LNG
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Summary / Purpose
Golden Pass LNG, a joint venture between ExxonMobil and QatarEnergy, has the vision to be the premier LNG export company in North America. It is our mission to bring clean energy from Texas to power the world. We seek to do that in a way that values safety, integrity, our people, community, and the environment. In order to achieve these goals, we are bringing together a diverse team of experienced and talented professionals eager to help us build the premier energy finance team in North America. Headquartered in Downtown Houston, the finance organization expects to grow in size by more than 50% over the next several years as we ramp up towards full LNG production. If you want to play a role in building a high performing team and have the background, experience, and qualifications to help us reach these goals, we encourage you to submit your application today.
Reporting into the Commodity Finance Controller, the Commodity Settlements Manager is a key member of the Commodity Finance Controller team as well being a member of the overall Finance Extended Leadership Team and Finance Development Committee. The Commodity Settlements Manager is charged with expertly leading the volume actualization and settlement of natural gas supply and optimization activities, corresponding storage and pipeline transportation agreements as well as Marine and LNG sales activities invoicing. As Golden Pass approaches construction completion and startup, a key focus is on system and process design leveraging available functionality and efficiencies, as well as ensuring robust controls and transparency in all activities. The Commodity Settlement Manager and team are collocated with our commercial teams on the trade floor.
Essential Duties / Functions
- Partner with the Commodity Financial Controller to develop settlement best practices and integrated processes with Financial Accounting, Risk, Product Control & Treasury functions supporting Gas Supply and Commercial LNG Operations
- Build and lead a high performing team of settlement resources
- Ensure settlements group effectively 1) addresses any settlement issues with counterparties with immediate action 2) manages all invoice, payment, and collection activities in a timely and accurate manner and 3) collaborates with schedulers and plant operators for actualization and inventory validation
- Collaborate with treasury on cash management and forecasting; provide accurate and timely payable and receivable details for credit assessment
- Proactively manage and address all Gas Supply and commercial LNG's challenges always looking for better and more efficient ways of working; provide meaningful settlement KPIs and consistently meet/beat performance thresholds
- Collaborate with IT in developing system capabilities required to support Gas, HHC, and LNG settlement best practices, delivering efficient operation and financial control
- Generate provisional and final LNG cargo and monthly statements, Marine fees , and any prior period adjustments
- Proactively mentor and develop settlement talent and ensure the right level of organizational capabilities in place to strongly support Gas Supply and Commercial LNG activities; contribute to team and overall Finance development through leadership and service within the Finance Development Committee
- Provide gas and LNG settlement subject matter expertise and collaborate across departments and management to 1) enable and manage new transactions, products, and counterparties and 2) continuously drive operational efficiency and excellence as the business grows
Minimum education required of the position.
- A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or other business based discipline with an advance degree a plus
Minimum experience required of the position.
- 15+ years of Gas Supply and LNG settlement experience in the North American Energy market
- Strong knowledge of financial derivatives settlement, ideally in physical and financial gas, natural gas assets (pipeline and storage), heavy hydrocarbons, and LNG
- 8+ years' leadership experience as settlement manager for gas supply/trading or/and LNG Operation with proven track record of building out teams and settlement capability
- Experience in designing settlement processes; ETRM system implementation for settlement process as well as integrated with other finance & accounting activities including ERP and cash management
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position.
- Communication - Demonstrated ability to communicate strategic messages clearly and effectively communicate across different levels of the organization
- Partnership & Negotiation - Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop & influence strong partnerships across businesses
- Ability to quickly understand a complex matrix of operating systems across the organizations and businesses; and their interrelationships/dependencies
- Deals comfortably with ambiguity; effective at working with multiple functions across locations/businesses and time differences.
- Strong project management skill
Required job competencies of the position.
- Results focus, problem solving, relationship & stakeholder management, self-starter,
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position.
- CPA is a plus
- Normal Office Environment
- Normal Office Environment
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description - may require "other duties as assigned."
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- Job description does not guarantee employment.
- Golden Pass LNG is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status."
Golden Pass LNG, a joint venture between ExxonMobil and QatarEnergy, is building an LNG export facility in Sabine Pass, Texas, with anticipated startup in 2024.
It is our mission to bring clean energy from Texas to power the world. We seek to do that in a way that values safety, integrity, our people, community, and the environment. In order to achieve those goals, we are bringing together a diverse team of experienced and talented professionals.
We offer fulfilling career opportunities, and we listen to, train, develop, and reward our employees on their journey of professional growth.