Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Summary / Purpose
Golden Pass LNG, a joint venture between ExxonMobil and QatarEnergy, has the vision to be the premier LNG export company in North America. It is our mission to bring clean energy from Texas to power the world. We seek to do that in a way that values safety, integrity, our people, community, and the environment. In order to achieve those goals we are bringing together a diverse team of experienced and talented professionals eager to help us build the premier energy finance team in North America. Headquartered in Downtown Houston, the finance organization expects to grow in size by more than 50% over the next several years as we ramp up towards full LNG production and commence trading activities. If you want to play a role in building a high performing team and have the background, experience, and qualifications to help us reach these goals, we encourage you to submit your application today.
The Process and Controls Analyst will be a key member of the Finance team supporting the Internal Controls area. The successful candidate will be expected to become a subject matter expert on the application of the Golden Pass LNG Table of Financial Authorities (TOFA) and will be able to provide controls guidance across the organization. This position will also work closely with other teams in Finance/Accounting as well as other areas of the company including Commercial, Projects, Operations, Legal, Regulatory, Human Resources, IT, and SCM. This position reports directly the Controls Manager.
Essential Duties / Functions
- Coordinate/participate in various audits and internal assessments, identify control gaps, evaluate control effectiveness, and facilitate risk and compliance remediation. Work with functional areas to develop controls related to new business activities; develops and delivers controls training for the company; help maintains controls register.
- Maintains and update the controls calendar to ensure compliance and timely performance of control calendar items
- Assist with administrative duties relating to MOC (management of change) system
- Provides administrative support in maintaining and updating the table of financial authorities (TOFA) delegations, delegations log and Power of Attorney (POA) to reflect personnel and org changes
- Ensure that information and documentation related to TOFA delegations, controls calendar, and other controls related documents are kept updated and current in SharePoint
- Assist with the mandatory annual Business Practices Review (BPR) training to everyone at Golden Pass and help collect and consolidate the mandatory forms and ensure they are completed appropriately
- Assist with GRC review of mitigation controls as needed
- Work with functional areas to help update process guidelines and procedures as needed; assists in the review and updates to policies and procedures from Controls and Compliance perspective
- Support the Company risk management process; help facilitate meetings, coordinate and prepare information pre and post review of risk register
- Company credit card program administrator - request/cancel card, run monthly credit card statements, perform periodic reviews of transactions and cardholder
- Other responsibilities as needed
Minimum education required of the position.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or other related discipline
Minimum experience required of the position.
- 5+ years of related experience in internal controls, compliance, audit, public accounting.
- Knowledge of GRC SAP, ERP, and other system controls as well as associated principles of segregation of duties, knowledge of control environment, delegation of authority, audit standards, and Sarbanes Oxley standards.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position.
- Integrity and professionalism
- Excellent analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates initiative and excellent time management skills
- Strong leadership skills; able to manage conflict; facilitate change; adaptability
- Strong verbal, written, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and other functions
- Awareness and engagement in a robust process of internal controls, compliance, risk assessments, segregation of duties, and change management
- Commitment to safety
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office tools
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position.
- Normal office environment
- Normal office lifting, climbing, walking, etc.
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description - may require "other duties as assigned."
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- Job description does not guarantee employment.
- Golden Pass LNG is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Golden Pass LNG, a joint venture between ExxonMobil and QatarEnergy, is building an LNG export facility in Sabine Pass, Texas, with anticipated startup in 2024.
It is our mission to bring clean energy from Texas to power the world. We seek to do that in a way that values safety, integrity, our people, community, and the environment. In order to achieve those goals, we are bringing together a diverse team of experienced and talented professionals.
We offer fulfilling career opportunities, and we listen to, train, develop, and reward our employees on their journey of professional growth.