Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Pecos, Texas, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as an Automation Technician in Pecos,TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Responsible for the day to day support, preventive maintenance, programming, calibration and development of automation equipment for field locations to include well sites, SWD's, compressor stations and tank batteries.
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of facility and wellsite communication equipment and instruments, including working with PLC's
- Coordinate maintenance activities with operations on a daily basis.
- Coordinate contractors when work needs arise. This includes overseeing work and processing invoices. • Steward preventive maintenance schedule, inspections and supporting documentation for assigned area.
- Perform testing on all new and existing facility end devices for functionality, shutdowns, and alarm notifications.
- Lead automation failure analysis and recommendations going forward.
- Utilize all company safe work practices when performing automation work.
- Frequent communication with the operation team, SCADA/IT group, measurement and engineering.
Skills / Qualifications
- 5 years of automation experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred
- 3 years of PLC programming experience in oil and gas field operations is preferred
- A journeyman's electrical license is preferred, but not required
- Experience with Allen Bradley, RS Logix and Studio a huge plus
- Experience with troubleshooting Serial and Ethernet radio systems
- Prefer experience installing and troubleshooting Coriolis liquid meters.
- Must have good computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a good understanding of field radio communications and scada systems.
- Strong time-management skills, customer service orientation and good interpersonal skills.
- Able to lift more than 50 lbs. and climb ladders and stairways.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.