Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Georgetown, Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana
Massy Wood Guyana is currently seeking expressions of interest for upcoming projects based at our Guyana Office.
This is an expression of interest only, the project is expected to commence in 2022.
Applicants must have full work rights in Guyana to be eligible for this role.
- Anticipate and resolve problems encountered in the field to eliminate costly rework or re-testing
- Validates the approval, distribution and revision of procedures, Process Plans and Work / Operations Procedures for the overall Construction activity
- Liaises with the Construction/Engineering Department where necessary
- Identifies and evaluates Quality-related incidents / problems / non-conformances and initiates, recommends, and provides effective solutions where necessary
- Responsible for the initiation, collection, disposition and retention of QA/QC records in a timely manner in accordance with documented procedures
- Manages relationship with Sub-contracted companies to ensure compliance between subcontracted services and Client best practices
- Liaises with HSSE representatives (internal, client & external) to ensure inherent compliance of documentation with Massy Wood Group (Guyana) Inc. and Client safety standards
- Liaises with Massy Wood Group (Guyana) Inc. Construction Superintendent, Construction Coordinators, Field Supervisors and SPA's as work progresses and provide activity updates in the form of a QA/QC Daily Report covering all assigned Projects
- Audit surveillance as work progresses, avoid last minute discoveries, address repetitive non-compliance and monitor implementation of corrective actions in response to the identification of non-conforming products/services through QA/QC Audits or otherwise, until the unsatisfactory condition has been rectified
- Perform site inspections at subcontractor workshops which include but not limited to welding, NDE, painting and/or coating, and hydro-testing
- Review all inspection reports for compliance, with reference to applicable industry codes and site standards/procedures
- Liaise with the site subcontractors' QC inspectors for the resolution of site problems
- Review of sub-contractor procedures and quality documentation such as ITP's, inspection procedures, drawings, isometrics
- Review of PQR, WPS and welding qualifications and welding procedures
- Review of radiograph films as required
- Punch listing of items as required
- Review and acceptance of sub contract fabrication work packs including vendor scope
- Final compilation of BP Guidance on Certification (G.O.C.) dossiers for Construction and client approval prior to project close out
- Ensure the client is satisfied before, during and after work is completed
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma/Certification in Construction, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from a recognised institution
- Certification/Training in Quality (must be based on ISO 9001:2008) from a recognised institution. (For example CQE, CQA, CQT or CQI)
- Level I or Level II Radiographic Film Interpretation
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) with AWS
- Non-destructive Testing such as MT, PT, UT, and VT will be an asset
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.