Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for Automation Technical Professional.
Wood Automation and Control is the largest vendor-independent system integrator in the world with proven stability for more than 20 years. We pride ourselves on solving real-world problems for our clients by providing full engineering, consulting, procurement and construction services to our customers across the globe. Our automation teams work on hands-on projects that span the full spectrum - from small integration projects to Main Automation Contractor programs for large, multi-EPC projects.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in Automation Engineering projects for the design and implementation of automation systems for oil & gas and process industry projects (greenfield and brownfield migrations),
- Engage in all phases of automation projects, front-end engineering through detailed design, configuration and implementation.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering preferred, will also consider Technical Diploma with equivalent Experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience with a focus on automation design and implementation projects.
- High level of hands-on experience with the Yokogawa Centum VP DCS platform and/or the Yokogawa ProSafe SIS platform. Experience with other DCS and SIS platforms (e.g. DCS:, DeltaV, ModV, ABB 800XA, Honeywell TDC-2000, TDC-3000, Experion PKS, ; SIS: Triconex, FSC, Safety Manager) or experience with PLC platforms (Allen Bradley, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience in control systems integration with an operating company, systems vendor or engineering services provider for onshore or offshore oil & gas / energy industry projects.
- Background and hands-on experience with systems platforms, operating systems and the interactions between systems, system hardware and architecture.
- Proficient knowledge of P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of the principles of relational databases, application interfaces, and Human Machine Interface design and implementation.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of the English language.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.