Skills: Safety Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Staines-upon-Thames, England, United Kingdom
Wood currently has a requirement in our Design HSE team for a Principal Technical Safety Engineer to work on an agency contractor basis in our Staines office on a specific project for the next 12 months.
We are currently looking for professionals with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client's requirements. Responsibilities include:
- Use techniques, spreadsheets, databases and proprietary software as necessary to perform safety study assessments and generate project deliverable documents, including production, checking and approval as required
- Preparation of design deliverables including philosophies, reports, studies, specifications, data sheets, drawings, etc whilst following all applicable operational procedures
- Coordinating and liaison with other engineering disciplines as necessary in the preparation and development of the deliverables and ensuring that other disciplines' input is incorporated
- Ensure compliance with relevant specifications as well as applicable national/ international regulations, codes and standards
- Responsible for the review and approval of vendor documentation as applicable to the discipline
- Ensuring Purchasing and Estimating Departments have technical information for obtaining costs and availability of Technical Safety equipment and materials
- Maintain effective interfaces between the Technical Safety project team and other disciplines' teams, Client representatives and other third parties as required
- Represent the Technical Safety discipline internally and externally on design issues they are involved in
- Provide progress reporting and forecasting input to the Lead Technical Safety Engineer as required
- Follow standard working procedures and ensure that compliance with relevant QA/QC systems is achieved
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in appropriate engineering subject
- Experience of safety engineering in the offshore oil and gas industry
- Experience of office working and of working within a project team
- Experience of participation in project design reviews such as HAZID, ENVID and/or HAZOP
- Ability to use Technical Safety software pertinent to design reviews (e.g. DNV Phast & Safeti, Gexcon Shell FRED & Shepherd, Sunrise Pipenet, Schlumberger Flaresim)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.