Skills: Painting / Coating / Blasting, Rigging / Scaffolding
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Georgetown, Guyana
Massy Wood Guyana is currently seeking expressions of interest for upcoming projects based at our Guyana Office.
This is an expression of interest only, the project is expected to commence in 2022.
Applicants must have full work rights in Guyana to be eligible for this role.
- Ensure HSSE is the primary focus in the execution of all duties and responsibilities, ensuring compliance with Company & Client policies and procedures
- Ensure conformance with HSSE and QA/QC standards of the Company & Client in the execution of daily activities
- Perform emergency response team member duties as required at sites with the applicable training
- Assisting in the planning of Scaffolding jobs which includes the scheduling of human resource, equipment and scaffolding material
- Prepare Permits, Hazard Identification Documents (HIDs) checklist and control sheet in accordance with Work Site Control Standards (WSCS) requirements
- Attend and participate in Client morning meetings and in job tool box meetings
- Review all work packages and procedures before executing the job; read specifications and scaffolding drawings to determine locations, quantities and/ or sizes of materials required
- Load and offload materials as determined for execution of jobs
- Plan, erect, and dismantle scaffolding structures inclusive of suspended, cantilever, scaffolding tower, loading bay, bridge scaffold and over the platform side scaffolding structures
- Install drop object protection for working on platforms in accordance with job plan
- Inspect and complete scaffolding quality checklist
- Develop and maintain self-rescue plan for team
- Complete daily inspection on erected scaffolding, certify scaffolding and update scaffolding identification tags
- Maintain and up-keep scaffolding registers on all sites
- Maintain and up-keep tools and materials in proper order
- Responsible for the securing & safe keeping of assigned hand tools via tool lanyards.
- Ensure proper housekeeping is completed
- Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness to ensure all members of the team are aware of standards expected
- Perform & participate in self-rescue & retrieval drills both onshore & offshore as required
- Demonstrates problem solving skills as relates to suspended and technical scaffolds, ability to identify problems and apply prescribed solutions and/or seek further advice/guidance
- Ensuring that tickets and timesheets are completed and updated as per the manpower, equipment and consumables allocated to jobs on a daily basis
- Perform all other assigned skilled work activities certified & competent to complete
- Perform all other tasks/responsibilities assigned from time to time
Skills / Qualifications
- Advanced Certification in Scaffolding
An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.