Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: Operations Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to lead our Asset Integrity Management team based in Perth. In this role you will report to the General Manager and provide guidance to the group, ensuring work is delivered on time and within budget for our clients.
As an experienced and competent Operations Manager you will be client focused, have a passion for people and be highly experienced in developing strategic goals and driving business growth. You will lead by example and undertake the smooth daily management of this high performing technical team. This position is an integral part of the Asset Performance Optimisation (APO) group, which offers high value engineering consultancy services in the areas of:
Corrosion & Materials | Asset Integrity Management | Pressure Equipment | Maintenance Management Consulting | Risk & Reliability | Training & Competency
Our successful candidate will quickly assume leadership of the team, working with them to continue to provide excellence in consulting and engineering solutions, understanding the issues of key clients and delivering improved outcomes while balancing integrity, performance and cost. A ccountable for the day to day running and support of the local team, you will enthusiastically d rive business growth and contribute to the wider Wood APO business, a cting as the local office focal point for operational engineering activities. You will:
- Be the primary technical focal point for the local team with the wider Wood organisation for business opportunities, and delivery of agreed scopes of work
- Pro-actively engage with internal and external clients, developing strong working relationships and an understanding of their needs to foster and grow local client accounts
- Support staff appraisals and develop staff within the team assisting them in meeting career objectives
- Provide technical leadership to the team, taking ownership of engineering delivery tools while driving continuous improvement in project delivery
- Take technical and commercial responsibility for work executed and continue to promote and mentor project management excellence with the team
- Actively engage and support the generation of innovative ideas and participate in the development and execution of strategic business plans
The team works across a range of areas such as:
- Failure investigations / Root Cause Analysis / Risk Based Inspection / Integrity Operating Windows / Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Material selection for pipelines, processing plant, subsea and onshore resource and utility industries
- Corrosion modelling as part of material selection and performance reviews
- Site based troubleshooting, Fitness for Service evaluations and assessments
- Development and implementation of asset integrity management (AIMS) programs
- Recommending inspection methodologies including Non Intrusive strategies
- Deployment and continuous improvement of AIMS Software including Wood's proprietary product NEXUS IC
- Optimisation of plant operations and maintenance programs
- Reporting of investigation findings and recommending rectification methods
- Support project planning, scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting and commercial control
- Provide technical direction, ensuring compliance with safety, quality, and legal standards
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those who hold Permanent Residency (PR) Visa and are able to work lawfully in Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. The quality of our people is a significant contributor to our outstanding global performance, where Wood ranks No. 6 in the 2022 ENR Top 500 Design Firms and No. 2 in both Industrial Process & Petroleum and Manufacturing Sectors.
To thrive in this role you will bring project management, communication and influencing skills and be a self-starter with drive and motivation. The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders both inside and outside the Wood business is vital and we are looking for a strong technical manager who can also bring these other qualities to the role. We would like to connect with industry professionals who are highly motivated, technically curious, organised and proactive. You will have the technical and personal qualities to deliver exceptional results, providing inspiration and guidance, while empowering the team to develop to their potential.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Materials / Metallurgy / Mechanical / Corrosion / Process / Structural / Electrical Engineering
- Chartered or Professional (PE) engineer status accredited by a recognized national or industry engineering Institution in a relevant discipline is preferred
- Demonstrated track record of achievement in a similar leadership role
- Experienced in leading and managing multi-disciplined teams along with p roven communication skills and a demonstrated aptitude for providing leadership to a team of engineering personnel
- Oil & Gas experience highly regarded
- Project management capability - ability to work within project, budget, schedule and resource constraints
- Committed to working in a client-focused and high service-orientated business to provide engineering solutions
- High level English literacy and report writing skills
- A high regard for, and practice of, safety and health at all times
- Excellent computer skills including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.