Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Clerk in our Power Solutions' engineering team. Based out of our Vancouver, BC office, the Engineering Clerk is a vital member of our engineering team and supports our project teams to deliver quality engineering documents.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Ensure that project deliverables adhere to corporate procedures and project requirements in a timely and efficient manner
- Participate in maintenance of SharePoint Project Workspace and Project Web
- Ensure all drawing packages to be issued are complete and signed/checked in accordance with Wood procedures
- Organize technical files, both paper and electronic, for proper storage in a timely manner
- Support the development and improvement of Wood procedures for various clients with consultation with Engineering, Project Services and Construction groups
- Communicate with the appropriate engineering disciplines, including providing ongoing updates on status of work
- Reproduce documents as required for project staff
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- 1 - 2 years of related experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Able to work with the following programs on an intermediate level:
Adobe Acrobat, MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook), SharePoint & Teams, Edge & Internet Explorer & Windows
- Able to understand proper handling of all paperwork required in department, including reporting of time
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines while handling several projects at a time with frequent interruptions
The following are not required, but preferred:
- Experience in engineering and vendor document control
- Experience in digital records management
- Knowledge of engineering drawings & documentation
If you meet the minimum requirements above and are enthusiastic about taking on a challenge, then we would like to hear from you.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.