Skills: Maintenance Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Villahermosa, Tabasco, Mexico
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Entry Level job - Has responsibility for assisting with the development of reliability based maintenance strategy, based on preventive and predictive maintenance for product line equipment. Works with Repair and Maintenance Technicians to schedule workload. Primarily activity is at workshop, troubleshooting, repairing, refurbishing, implementing mandatory modifications and executing and/or planning preventive and corrective maintenance of field equipment and tools, helping to mitigate assets related non-productive time and improve overall field service delivery performance. He/she may be required to attend a client location to perform his/her duties whenever an R&M task is deemed necessary to carry over a field.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Ensuring compliance with company health and safety policies
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance for downhole tools and surface equipment
- Responding to breakdowns and repairs
- Diagnosing faults (trouble shooting) and completing necessary failure analysis documentation
- Repairing downhole tools and surface equipment
- Performing require modifications to downhole tools and surface equipment
- Providing technical support when necessary
- Obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings Managing lab supplies, inventory and equipment Maintaining repair and maintenance statistical records
- Perform full service, (disassembly, inspection, assembly, testing, and calibration when required) of LWD/ RSS/DD tools and sensors.
- Perform failure analysis and update analysis in the Reliability database.
- Perform Work Order Requests, Work Orders, PFTs, TERs, and read and file all tech alerts.
- Complete and collect required service records and documentation, and stores electronic copies online and hard copies in files.
- Maintain all shop equipment and tools in good working order.
- Assists Technicians, LWD I and LWD II / DD and DD II in their roles when necessary.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Criteria: Minimally 0-1+ years related experience
- High School diploma (or Secondary School Diploma or equivalent) as minimum.
- Preferred 2 years College degree
- Reports to: Demand Planning Manager, Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager, Maintenance Manager