Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 16 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood is seeking an experienced Project Engineering Manager - Energy Transition to join their team in Calgary.
As the Project Engineering Manager on energy transition projects , you would be responsible and accountable for the performance of the project engineering team, for the delivery of engineering with a focus on quality, and safety, and meeting schedule challanges while maintaining a strong client focus.
Reporting to the project manager or project director, you lead the multi-disciplined engineering team for small to large-sized, and portions of EPC or EPCM projects.
You have had exposure to business development activities and will be expected to contribute to the writing of winning proposals.
The purpose of this position is to provide the execution leadership, technical knowledge, and direction to the engineering leads of the team and to be client facing in weekly or biweekly meetings.
Summary of responsibilities include:
- Direct and manage the interface between Engineering and the other disciplines on the project including Project Controls, Project Management, Procurement and Contracts, Construction, and the client team
- Work on one or multiple projects and have a strong sense of discipline and coordination.
- Lead Efficient and cost effective project execution, being conscious of budgets.
- Ensure that the engineering work on the project is completed on schedule, meets all company and indudtry standards.
- Lead key engineering reviews
- Lead weekly planning meetings.
- Lead change of management efforts to control scope changes.
- Working with the department managers your role is to ensure adequacy of staffing levels.
- Ability to work well in teams and be ahead of game.
Skills / Qualifications
- Accredited four (4) year degree in process or mechanical engineering or global equivalent and sixteen (16) years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field (process or mechanical engineering strongly preferred)
- Solid understanding and/or experience in energy transition projects
- Leadership ability that includes transparency, inspiration and integrity while leading a team.
- Emotional intelligence and ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Problem- solving and excellence in working in complex situations
- Job-related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
What you will bring:
- Enthusiasm and a desire to constantly improve, combined with strong technical knowledge.
- A strong client focus which is results oriented.
- Proven leadership results on past projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with their teams.
- Problem solver and analytical, capable of seeing both the big picture and the fine details to support the project and our clients.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering through all stages of a project from conceptual phase to design development, construction, and commissioning
- Registered Professional Engineer
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.