Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Looking for a great career opportunity? Come join Wood as Sr. HSSES Manager . Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Sustainability (HSSES) Manager to join our US East region. This position will be based in our Lafayette office or supporting offices in Louisiana, or other states that support the US EAST business. (New Jersey, Florida). This position will require extensive travel to support our projects and a work from home program will be considered for the preferred candidate. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more.
Candidates must have demonstrated experience in Energy & Power, Process and Chemicals, Construction and Maintenance and Oil & Gas. This position reports directly to the Vice President of US East Operations business with a functional reporting to the Vice President of HSSES.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Assist in the management of Wood HSSE programme and help improve the company's HSSE performance including leading and lagging indicators and audit programme
- Assist the company in management of Wood HSSE interfaces / programmes / consistency for Operations Americas
- Monitor the effectiveness of HSSES Personnel and training providing support and improvement initiatives where required
- Take part in home office and third-party audits of project Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Sustainability arrangements, checking compliance with Wood Procedures / Work Instructions, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001
- Responsible for kick off, start up and oversight of all US East Projects and HSSES personnel
- Ensure security vulnerability assessment, Emergency Response Plan and Business Continuity Plans are in place for respective projects
- Manage Client HSSE interface as required
- Play a primary role in providing guidance, support and advice regarding HSSE issues
- Maintain positive relationships with Client Representatives and Project Management to ensure Client and business needs are understood and achieved
- Monitor compliance against HSSE improvement plans
- Demonstrate HSSE leadership
- Be aware of Client HSSE requirements and Guiding Principles and actively promote adherence with Industry Best Practice
- Identify and raise any areas of HSSE risk to line management
- Monitor current project work scopes and ensure HSSE support is suitably resourced
- Ensure robust consultation process with workforce by developing and maintaining strong communication links
- Monitor compliance to HSSE standards; include monitoring client HSSE requirements; conduct scheduled field visits and inspections; recommend and follow through on corrective actions
- Analyze inspection reports; make recommendations and recognize achievements
- Assist in the investigation of incidents for root cause identification and preventive action Support new hire orientation process
- Support managing control of health and environmental hazards and exposures
- Monitor the HSSE recognition program Engage in Safety Shield initiatives
- Participate in HEART training and auditing
- Review Risk assessments and hazard control measures
- Monitor quality of HSSE program and process tools implementation
- Recognize and reward program support
Skills / Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in occupational health and Safety preferred or equivalent years of experience with industry training/certificates
- Has 10 yrs. Sr. HSSE Management Experience with at least 5 yrs. project site experience as a Manager and 5 yrs. experience as a Sr HSSE support within a corporate environment)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or NEBOSH Designation preferred.
- Lead Auditor - OSHAS 18001 or ISO 14001 would be considered an asset.
- Proficient in the use of current MS Office package, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other applications
- Has knowledge of Contracts and change management issues relating to HSSE
- Has the skill to produce Monthly project and HSSE Presentations
- Understands Continuous Improvement in relation to Behavioral Based HSSE Process
- Has knowledge of the worksite organizational requirements
- Has knowledge of HSSE issues relating to the project execution activities.
- Previous experience managing and influencing teams
- Development of HSSE management systems and site based HSSE execution plans
- Comprehensive knowledge of HSSE legislation and regulations
- Proven record in risk-based inspection and auditing
- Prior experience in incident reporting and investigating
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.