Skills: Safety Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Woking, England, United Kingdom
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently seeking a Technical Safety Engineer to support one of our UK projects.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required.
The Technical Safety Engineer will s upport the implementation of projects in line with company objectives including continuous improvement of customer satisfaction, schedule, and safety performance. Candidates must have extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry and deliver the safety studies required to ensure that projects and change proposals carried out by the delivery team for Assets are compliant with project requirements and regulatory obligations.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Day-to-day management of technical safety engineering and arranging support from subcontractors and specialist consultants; liaising with the Wood project commercial section, as necessary.
- Conduct design reviews, HAZID's, HAZCON's, HAZOP's and ENVID's
- Assisting the production of safety cases and providing regulatory support services to clients
- Administer and implement Company, and where applicable, Client / Project policies and procedures
- Supervision of discipline personnel
- Remain abreast of legislative requirements
- Approval, checking and preparation of design/engineering documentation
- Support and develop accredited graduate training schemes
- Review design documentation as required to ensure designs and operations are consistent with ALARP
- Develop and enhance processes and systems for wider use in the discipline
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with relevant Codes, Standards and Procedures
- Provide input to cost estimates and execution plans
- Ensure delivery of all aspects of discipline design, specification and procurement of the project to cost, schedule and quality criteria
- Delivering quality, cost effective and timely engineering services in a demanding environment of change, short interval planning and conflicting priorities
- Attend project Kick-off, Engineering, and project progress meetings as the Technical Safety function representative
- The provision of technical advice to management as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Highly experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Highly experienced in use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Experienced in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs
- Experienced in estimating man-hours and materials for most aspects of work
- Experienced in working with other disciplines and sections to meet delivery dates
- Highly experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
- Experienced in design safety / environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities for others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.