Skills: Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Baytown, Texas, United States
The collective expertise and passion of our people, combined with a broad portfolio of over 10,000 technologies, makes us uniquely positioned to deliver solutions that positively impact the environment. Come be part of something special - start your journey today!
Water Technologies and Solutions is currently searching for a Commercial Engineer to assume responsibility for Build Own Operate, and Mobile process designs, budgetary and final proposals within an assigned region, as well as periodic support for other Commercial Engineers within the group.
• Provide Commercial Engineering support in an assigned region and maintain a working knowledge of all active BMS projects, including generating budget and firm proposals, process designs, Process & Instrumentation and General Arrangement Drawings.
• Generate budgetary proposals, process designs, Piping and Instrumentation Designs, General Arrangements, and final bid proposals.
• Apply costing and process design strategies in order to position the company, in the early stages of project development, to increase the probability of success.
• Timely preparation of budgetary proposals
• Develop and maintain relationships with Regional Sales Managers and Local Representatives and all
• Assisting Region Sales Managers with sales calls, design kick-off meetings, and value engineering reviews
• Adhering to all internal procedures related to bid preparation, proposal tracking, Authorization of Order Packages, and sales forecasting
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical, environmental or chemical engineering, Chemistry or other Bachelor's in Science
• Self-motivated, quick to deliver and a team player
• Demonstrated dedication to safety
• Effective problem solving skills
• An accomplished communicator, able to produce expert technical papers, publications, and design reports.
• Experience in water or wastewater engineering or equipment supply field, preferably with some knowledge of membrane process equipment.
• Experience in bidding/proposal preparation and the ability to read and understand bid/proposal specification, both from a technical and commercial perspective, as related to contractual terms and conditions.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions is now part of Veolia and operating as Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions. With operations in 130 countries and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions solves the toughest water, wastewater and process challenges around the globe. Leveraging a comprehensive set of chemical, equipment and digital enabled services and products, the company helps customers optimize water resources and overcome process challenges. Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions serves customers across all industries, including food and beverage, metals and mining, power, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemicals, petrochemicals, pulp and paper, and utilities.