Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood's Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Structural Designer, Junior. Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, this position is located in our Vancouver office. This role has overall responsibility for providing structural design and drafting support on heavy industrial projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Provide structural design and drafting support on greenfield and brownfield projects
- Prepare drawings for structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and/or wood structures using AutoCAD and AVEVA 3D
- Review project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation against project standards and specifications
- Coordinate and work with project team members
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical diploma with experience in structural design and drafting
- Excellent AutoCAD computer skills
- 3D design/drafting experience is an asset
- Solid understanding of structural and architectural engineering aspects of light to heavy industrial projects
- Experience working on mining and/or heavy industrial projects would be considered an asset
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Current authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.