Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood's office in Calgary is currently recruiting for an Intermediate Pipeline Engineer. This role is seeking a qualified engineer that has recently completed their professional registration requirements in Alberta and will be working in an engineering capacity for above ground pipelines. Some capability and experience with buried cross country pipelines will also be an asset.
Under the supervision of an experienced engineer, this duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Provide input to produce pipeline documents and drawings
- Complete pipeline design calculations (wall thickness, buoyancy, bending, etc.)
- Prepare Pipeline design reports
- Provide input into pipeline engineering specifications, standards, and procedures
- Complete Material Take Offs and associated Material Requisitions
- Coordinate procurement bids and complete technical bid evaluations
- Identify optimization and operating cost reduction opportunities
- Ensure construction and field modifications meet the requirements of all applicable codes, standards and regulations
Skills / Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this entry level position (5-8 years experience) should have the following capabilities:
- A minimum of a bachelors degree in any engineering discipline although Chemical, Civil or Mechanical or Pipeline Engineering are preferred
- Registration with APEGA as a professional engineer.
- Familiarity with engineering standards relevant to the oil and gas pipeline industry (including CSA, ASME, API, and Alberta Pipeline Rules, etc.)
- Recent experience working with above ground pipelines supporting SAGD projects
- Awareness of Alberta OH and S Code requirements
- Good technical knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment, while dealing with people from various disciplines
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and work independently
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills in English
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Must be able to legally work in Canada at the time of application
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.