Company: NES Fircroft Skills: Drilling Engineering, Commissioning Engineer / HUC Experience: 5 + Years Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship Employment Type: Full Time Contractor Salary: 1 Location: Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
• Technical Diploma or Marine Engineering Ticket - Chief Engineer Designation is advantageous
• Drilling Equipment Engineer / Drilling Operations Engineer would be a strong candidate for the job
• 5 - 20 Years experience in offshore drilling platform construction and commissioning
• Well rounded drilling Equipment (Mechanical, I&C and Electrical) knowledge
• Prior experience in execution or oversight of Site Integration Testing is a strong advantage
• Savvy use of Excel is a must. Power BI is a great advantage
• Expect to spend more than 60% of the time in the Field
This is an opportunity to become a member of our client's Commissioning Team who will act as the Owner of Specific Subsystems and Drive them through Mechanical Completion Phases up to Final Commissioning, Hookup and Start-up. The right candidate will be a driven team player who enjoys spending time in the field.
What you'll be doing:
• Be a leader in safety and protecting the environment.
• Act as a safety champion by promoting safety awareness and safe performance among colleagues, Project teams, and contractors at all times
• Contributes to safety program, health and environment protection, reliability and efficiency in order to achieve world-class performance of Cenovus strategies. Actively participates in both behavioral based safety and site safety walk programs.
• Work with the Preservation Coordinator in identify pre- Sail away and Post Sail away requirements for the assigned Systems and execute use using the most suitable business partners
• Executing the schedule of Pre-commissioning, Commissioning, Handover to Operations and Pre-Start-up Safety Reviews (PSSRs).
• Understanding the SC PTW (Systems Completion Permit to Work), Temporary MOC and Forces, and verification of Regulatory and Industrial Safety Requirements.
• Accountable for delivering schedule, completion of the check sheets, validation and closure of the punch list items to meet the RFSU deadline, provide verification data and priorities and delivery of the subsystems
• Lead / Facilitate RFSU Meetings and report progress to the Commissioning Manager
• Develop and follow execution work processes and procedures, such as System Completion strategy Walkdown & Punch List Procedure, SC MOC, Redline Mark-Up procedure
• Responsible for development and implementation Commissioning Procedures in all areas
• Responsible for organizing resources to complete all aspects of site execution for all areas (manpower, isolations, timing)
• Directly stewards Contractor and Company resources in assigned area to complete work
• Ensures system completion and team readiness for activities, and be a critical on-call support resource when activities commence
• Identifies project issues / risks related to Systems Completions and drive resolution
• Responsible for review and categorization of punch list items, completion of B and C check sheets
• Custodian of Blueline drawings related to assigned subsystems
• Develops SC/Commissioning dashboards and reporting metrics to be utilized by the project management teams
• Coordinates efforts among various disciplines to ensure each area is adequately staffed to support adequate work-fronts
• Weekly 3-Weeks L4 Lookahead
• Weekly MC / RFSU / PLI's / A, B and C Status Report
• Weekly update on project risks and responsibilities
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.