Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to join our Operations business based in Perth. This is an ongoing opportunity to join our expanding Oil and Gas Operations team due to increasing project workload on the contract, in addition to a new and significant brownfields engineering opportunities.
Wood delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the oil and gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with some of the region's most prominent producers, actively supporting operations in Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Kazakhstan.
Reporting to the contract Delivery Manager, you will d raw upon your technical knowledge and problem-solving skills to d evelop and present engineering solutions addressing Brownfields EPC challenges and acting as an interface to multiple clients.
- Project manage a full EPCM delivery team and subcontractors to deliver projects from front end design FEED, through detailed design, procurement, construction, hand over and close-out within the Onshore and Offshore sectors.
- Bottom line responsibility for the financial and technical success of a project
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Statement of Requirements throughout the phasing of the project from concept, detail design, and site implementation
- Implementation of the company quality management system for the project.
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
Please note that we are only able to accept applications from Australian citizens OR those who currently hold Permanent Residency (PR) OR can work lawfully in Australia without company sponsorship.
Skills / Qualifications
Ideally you will be suitably qualified in engineering from a recognised institution and have 10+ years of proven experience in the Oil & Gas brownfields EPC sector in Australia. We welcome applicants with Project Management Professional (PMP), Associate in Project Management (APM) or equivalent certifications.
In addition, you will have:
- Demonstrated commitment to safety and driving safety culture within project teams
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills - both written and verbal
- Previous experience in a role of Project Engineer leading a project multidisciplined team
- Demonstrated supervisory and administration skills necessary to organise and lead a project team,
- Proven experience developing design / implementation schedules and providing on-going status reports to senior management team
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, and engineering programs
- An ability to maintain composure under pressure, while delivering within a challenging and complex environment
- A "solutions mindset" embracing innovation and an agile approach to project delivery and team leadership
What will set you apart is your proven experience in a similar role as a Project Engineer in Brownfield EPC or EPCM hydrocarbons environment, preferably within the Australian oil and gas industry.
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrow's solutions to the world's most critical challenges. Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
If you're an experienced Project Engineer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.