Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Investigate industrial incidents, injuries, and/or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventative measures.
- Report or review findings from incident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Inspect and audit facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation and management system compliance.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy.
- Interview employees to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to the companies lagging indicators.
- Interpret safety regulations for others interested in industrial safety.
- Up to 20% domestic travel and occasional international travel.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilties
- Associate degree in Safety Technology, Occupational Health, and Safety or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of safety experience.
- Minimum one (1) year offshore experience and familiarity with offshore client and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20% and internationally on occasion.
- Valid TWIC Card.
- Any and all specific Training Certifications or Qualifications required to travel offshore.
- Knowledge of environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the safety field.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Solid computer skills in the basic office suite programs.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced atmosphere and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Certified First Aid/CPR and Train the Trainer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
The position will be Hybrid - Remote work until our return to the office post-pandemic. Employees are expected to be able to travel to their designated office as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.