Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood in Calgary is looking to add Senior Project Engineers to programs of projects related to In-situ, minable, or mid and downstream projects. The positions are located in Calgary and offer a hybrid work schedule.
The Senior Project Engineer has overall project engineering management responsibility for the delivery of projects in terms of cost, schedule, technical conformance, HSSEA (Health, Safety, Security, Environment & Assurance), quality and ensuring compliance with company procedures.
The Senior Project Engineer ensures that the project is properly resourced, provides direction & mentorship to project staff, assigns work, supervises activities, coordinates across project interfaces and is responsible for the daily activities of all aspects of the projects. The Senior Project Engineer must have effective lines of communication and maintain a good working relationship with Clients.
Supporting opportunities in the business-related sectors, building relationships & liaising with potential clients, active participation in proposal preparation, submission and award discussions.
- supports proposal strategy development, preparation, clarification and award negotiations
- develops and implements the project execution strategy, information management plan and engineering staffing plan
- authorizes all project work plans, strategies, methodologies and schedules
- develops and maintain project coordination processes including organization structure, approval matrix, communications interface matrix, function list, key stakeholder contact list, information needs list and project review action log
- manages the development and implementation of all project work breakdown structures (WBS), work packages, cost control systems, and progress and performance monitoring systems
- manages all project budgets, cost plans, capital cost budgets, capital expenditure and financial and commercial matters
- develops and manage project-specific change and risk management systems
- ensures project requirements for permits, licenses, and regulatory agency approvals are met and up to date
- organizes and lead planning sessions, team building workshops and project coordination meetings
- ensures an appropriate review process is implemented for the project including internal and Client project reviews, risk reviews, constructability and independent peer reviews
- oversees and authorize project reports including accident, incident and near miss, monthly progress reports, other technical reports, regular and special project reports
- ensures effective validation and close-out of project including archiving of all relevant data and documentation
Skills / Qualifications
- Registration as a P. Eng. is mandatory with 15 to 25 years of broad and extensive experience in Oil, Gas & Chemicals projects
- Must possess a high degree of originality, skill and proficiency in the various broad phases of engineering application and knowledge of quality management, human resources, financial and other administrative principles and practices
- Must be eligible for professional registration in other provinces across Canada.
- Facilitates and establishes the means of coordination of engineering work between disciplines and between the engineering team and other project functions
- Provides leadership and counsel to discipline leads
- Interface with other offices as required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.