Skills: Marketing, Technical Writing
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
- The Technical Writer will conceptualize, structure, write, and present strategic and compelling content for internal and external audiences.
- Role provides the opportunity to work in hybrid environment, working both virtually and in office when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create content that is engaging, accurate, and appropriate for various audiences in the form of customer success stories, technical articles, banners, brochures, data sheets, presentations, etc. for a range of diverse channels
- Lead proofreading, fact-checking, and editing processes for various marketing materials
- Interview Subject Matter Experts to fully capture technical stories for products and services
- Contribute to department organization of company marketing collateral by keeping up-to-date records
- Maintain relationships with local stakeholders to ensure region-specific marketing requirements are met and communicated to the larger Marketing and Communications team
- Facilitate interaction between multiple stakeholder groups through use of superior interpersonal skills
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to develop and maintain proper messaging, branding, and consistency for Oceaneering.com, internal employee communications, and marketing campaigns
- Must meet tight deadlines to respond quickly to market opportunities
- Fully proficient individual contributor.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field with emphasis on writing and communication skills
- Minimum 3 years of solid marketing and technical writing experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have portfolio showcasing diverse technical writing experience including technology-related stories as well as case studies, customer success stories, customer testimonials, and/or case histories
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Apps, WordPress, or equivalent
- Experience in the oil and gas or energy sector
- Ability to quickly learn complex product features and turn them into concise but thorough documentation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work under pressure and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.