Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco has been mandated to implement a Maritime strategy across the kingdom and is seeking an Information Systems Director to support this important initiative. This role will be is responsible for developing the overarching information systems strategy, which will ensure the operational companies under the holding company are interlinked with the correct systems. Core focus will areas will include: IT security, architecture coherence, adequate software, and providing guidelines on the above for its subsidiaries and JVs.
- Conducting oversight of IT contractors and software providers.
- Assuring high-quality IT infrastructure and software utilization.
- Assuring operational readiness of IT systems.
- Coordinating IT systems development across subsidiaries and JVs.
- Assuring coherence of IT infrastructure and software across subsidiaries and JVs.
- Analysis of competitors' IT infrastructure and software.
- Advising on best providers for software.
- Providing advice to the CEO on recommended changes in IT infrastructure of software solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Systems.
- Seven plus years of Computer Science-related experience.
- Strong team management and people skills.
- Fluency in Arabic is a plus.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.