Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
Skills: Project Engineer, Regulatory Compliance
Other Skills: Field Compliance Specialist
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
The individual will be assigned with Saudi Aramco Unconventional Resources Engineering and Project Management Department (UREPMD) who are currently involved in EPC projects to establish UR facilities across kingdom of Saudi Arabia
• Support the department in implementing Saudi Aramco SMS across UREPMD projects.
• Act as the department's point of contact for matters related to safety, loss prevention, environment, occupational health, compliance and operational excellence.
• Provide Upstream (DS) business line oversight by helping to drive compliance, enhance performance, foster stewardship and shape policy in all aspects of HSE.
• Implement the departmental version of the Saudi Aramco Safety Management System, and in meeting unconventional rig-less well completion operations' safety objectives and expectations. This includes assisting engineering, operations and planning teams in maintaining existing and developing new safety processes related to risk assessment and management, safety training, asset integrity, safe operations, contractor safety, emergency preparedness, incident investigations, etc.
• Conduct frequent scheduled or ad-hoc field inspections of unconventional rig-less well completion operations sites.
• Develop and update operational excellence standards and ensure sound and timely implementation of related OE processes and policies.
• Review engineering designs for compliance with company and industry safety standards.
• Respond to emergency situations and incidents, either during or after regular working hours, to provide technical assistance and advice.
• Identify and recommend solutions to all technical HSE concerns, in alignment with Saudi Aramco and industry acceptable scientific/engineering practices and principles.
• Develop and deliver programs to enhance the HSE culture and awareness across the DS (Data Sheet) portfolio.
• Participate in developing and promoting on- or off-job safety educational programs, to address safety issues or concerns. Assigned tasks may include: preparation of articles for publication, development of promotional materials, and delivery of presentations. Act as a mentor to other OE/compliance engineers.
• Participate in contractor prequalification evaluation activities and review contractor safety submittals for compliance to corporate requirements.
• Assist with the development and facilitation of information and promotional materials for DS and/or corporate HSE initiatives and campaigns.
• Provide HSE-related technical advice and consultation to Business Line, Admin Area and Department staff to assist in maintaining a safe working environment in compliance with environmental/safety regulations, standards and practices.
Qualification & Experience
•Candidate will be an experienced professional in Saudi Aramco Safety management system (SMS) with proven track record in executing project safety management in engineering and construction projects
•Must have minimum 15-20 years of extensive experience in managing health and safety
•Must have minimum 6-8 years specific experience in Saudi Aramco engineering & construction projects (industrial, non-industrial & infrastructure projects)
•International certification in health and safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental science (NEBOSH, BCSP-SMS, IOSH)
•Must demonstrate knowledge in SA GI, SAES and other applicable loss prevention standards
•BS degree in health safety environment or related engineering/science field
•Must have proven track record of contractor safety management in Saudi Aramco projects and Expert in contractor HSE compliance and performance management
•Knowledge of Saudi Aramco safety management system and its application across engineering construction projects
•Must have demonstrated knowledge of delivering hands on HSE training
•Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (training/presentations/report writing). Ability to lead and direct teams and/or committees. Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).