Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Supply Chain Management
Other Skills: Supply Chain Analyst, Management Consultant, Material Specialist
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia
The primary role of Sr. Supply Chain Mgmt Consultant is to provide single point support to the Project management team (PMT) for Saudi Aramco materials & Contractor Supplied materials for a large-scale project or group of projects. Coordinates the full range of material support activities from detailed design phase and construction till project closeout and spares cataloguing. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of project materials activity and make best use of company resources/ (Surplus/excess Stock). Provides guidance and advice in the planning and implementation of Contractor Material Control Support for the design and construction of Awarded projects. Participates in the full range of project materials activities including preparing material provisions in the project proposal, evaluating material support provisions in Contract, procedures incorporating Saudi Aramco's materials control practices, planning for contractors’ materials packages and expediting approvals, and coordinating disposal of project excess materials. Monitors and evaluate Contractor Procurement reports and support the project team for avoiding Supply bottle necks & provide regular Material status updates to project management team.
The main activities of the Sr. Supply Chain Mgmt Consultant is Processing Company Purchase Requisitions In SAP, Expediting Contractor procurement Cycle, actively promoting consumption of Aramco inventory materials, review of Contractor procurement plans, Non-material Requirements (NMRs), Spare Parts Data Packets (SPDPs, Cataloguing) and Critical long-lead items tracking.
• Review general Material activities related to Projects.
• Responsible for overseeing all aspects of project materials activity to support and best utilize company resources (Surplus /Excess stocks)
• Provides support in the planning and implementation of PMT Material Control Support during design and construction of projects.
• Evaluate and implement procedures that include Saudi Aramco's materials control practice in Contractor procurement plans and activities, Material Reconciliation, and coordinate disposal of Project excess material.
• Participate in material planning for Field materials requisition during construction.
• Provides Materials related work direction & guidance to construction contractor materials personnel in both short-term problem solving and long term material support strategy to meet the project schedule.
• Maintain all documentation related to Project materials for Future Project Audits.
Qualifications & Experience
A Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration, supply chain, mathematics, statistics or a closely related field. An advanced degree (e.g., an MBA) is preferred. A minimum of 12-15 years of experience in the oil and gas industry, leading materials management or supply chain organizations, and experience managing relationships with outsourced service providers; or experience in demand management or a related supply chain field, with preference for experience in unconventional resources. Supply Chain Certification will be an added advantage.