Skills: Research & Development, Mechanical Engineering
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Macae, Brazil
Be part of an innovative and collaborative team developing Subsea test equipment and solutions. This role is responsible for new product development from concept to commercialization by overseeing details from creation of functional specifications through detailed design and field testing. Under minimal supervision, develop the next generation Subsea product solutions.
- Under general supervision applies functional specifications and uses engineering tools to design hardware for product changes and new development.
- Independently processes data, writes engineering reports, and conducts diagnosis of routine hardware malfunctions.
- Contributes in reliability analysis such as risk assessments and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) by compiling and examining data.
- Identifies the testing requirement at a system level with the emphasis on complying with test standards and Halliburton's Health, Safety, and Environment procedures.
- Contributes to Halliburton's Intellectual Property portfolio by preparing Invention Disclosures and recognizing ideas that have Intellectual Property potential without disclosing confidential information.
- Coordinates with project leads to produce project deliverables by assessing input requirements and applying functional specifications.
- Develops relationships through excellent communication skills and acts as a key resource to provide innovative solutions. May participate in professional societies in area of specialization.
- Skills acquired through the completion of a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Familiar with 3D Solid modeling platforms (SolidWorks), MathCAD, Simplified FEA analysis, and fundamentals of Mechanical Design
- Experience with design of Subsea Electrical Connectors and electronics as well as electrical troubleshooting is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with API 6A, 11D1, 14A, 17G, and/or API 19TT is preferred, but not required.
- Minimal to Moderate International travel may be required to support project demands.
- Minimum educational requirement a master's degree and zero years' experience or bachelor's degree and two or more years' related experience
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Av Pref Ar Fer Silva 1000, Macae, Rio de Janeiro, 27930-070, Brazil
Requisition Number: 143877
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Testing and Subsea
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.