Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Singapore, Singapore
As a Software Engineer of Halliburton Wireline Technology team, under broad guidance, you will be mainly responsible for design and develop professional quality applications for new product and enhancements, verify and validate the applications through testing at module, product and system levels. You'll also have to incorporate lab testing and field testing with various cross-functional teams to test and verify the applications.
- Design and develop professional quality desktop applications in an agile environment.
- Perform analysis to define system scope and objectives in order to develop and/or modify existing engineering applications.
- Ensure the Technical Software Development process is optimized and projects are on track.
- Define requirements, functional specifications, and testing documentation for various engineering software applications.
- Design and develop unit test for code validation and automated regression testing of overall systems validation.
- Incorporate lab testing and field testing with various cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in software development.
- Self-initiative, independent and a good team player.
In addition to the above, candidate must have following with minimum of 3 years of experience
- Strong development experience using C++
- Developing desktop applications and reports using C#, Python, HTML, Java Script, XML, JSON technologies.
- Developing Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) using WPF/XAML and MFC
- Developing multi-threaded applications
- Developing Real-Time solutions (applications that run within a fixed-time constraint)
- Developing software using SQL, MS Access DB and MongoDB
- Developing software via Agile software development methodology
- Debugging software applications at different stages of maturity, ranging from development-prototype through to commercial-production maturity levels
- Developing, debugging, and supporting software applications both locally and in remote locations
- Developing software that directly interfaces with electrical devices (sending/receiving data, controlling electrical devices via software)
- Experience working in cross-functional teams including mechanical and electrical engineers, acoustic and electromagnetic scientists (SME), and software architects
- Experience in Embedded Software development and Real-Time Operating System is added advantage.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
315 Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Singapore, Singapore, 639940, Singapore
Requisition Number: 131156
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Global R&D
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.