Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lemoore, California, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Senior Electrical Technician supports daily wave operations by safely operating, maintaining, and inspecting the wave systems equipment, and other duties assigned within the Maintenance Department at Surf Ranch. Your safety and the safety of the team is your primary job. As a Senior Electrical Technician, you will at times lead the daily activities of a team of technicians and be the point person to communicate with the Site Supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for electrical work, troubleshooting, and programming of PLC's and maintenance on equipment.
- Inspects and repairs machinery and equipment based on operating parameters and safety regulations.
- Assists of planning updates, modifications and continuous improvement of existing controls systems including system programs, ladder logic, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, operator interface, av systems, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Ensures and maintains proper controls documentation including life cycles, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics, panel layouts etc.
- Scheduling complete backups of electronic machine control and wave system programs.
- Ensure wave system safety, quality, operation and compliance of all equipment at the Surf Ranch.
- Respond and resolve maintenance issues that affect wave quality and performance in a timely manner. Ensure the work is performed correctly and follows all approved procedures.
- Communicate accurately and in a timely manner, matters which pertain to the operational status/readiness of the wave system to the Maintenance Foreman and Maintenance Manager.
- Support requests of all operating groups/departments within Surf Ranch and KSWC in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain machines and equipment in safe, operating order. Make repairs as appropriate or determine when vendors should be contacted for servicing.
- Study specifications such as blueprints, sketches, or descriptions of parts to be inspected and/or replaced.
- Maintain and control inventories at levels adequate to sustain efficient operations.
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures within the Maintenance Department at Surf Ranch.
- Ensure that unscheduled work performed is correctly documented.
- Assist in the development and implementation of processes which enhance system efficiencies and increase productivity.
- Skills* PLC, Allen Bradley, Siemens and Maintenance, Controls
- Maintain inventory of maintenance spares.
- Assign work orders to technicians based on the schedule
- Ensure all parts and consumables are checked into the system upon receiving them and checked out when used.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain proficiency in all areas as it pertains to his/her area(s) of responsibilities.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Technical 2-yr degree preferred.
- Two years experience in electrical/electronics, hydraulic/pneumatics, mechanical/structural, welding/ fabricating, program logic controllers (PLC), machining, inventory control inspection, quality control procedures
- Experienced in fabrication and design for all the disciplines listed above
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers
- Demonstrate ability to work independently under pressure; proactive thinker/self-starter
- Knowledge in operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining those systems, sub-systems and components listed above.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9001 certified company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Ability to work in the U.S.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVYwork.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.