Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, direct, and coordinate all activities of a single major or multiple projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame, and funding parameters and the customer receives a quality product or service which meets or exceeds all of the customer's requirements. On larger projects, will be lead for multiple business projects as well as oversight of other project managers for a given work scope.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establish and monitor project execution plan, budget, and staffing for each phase of project.
- Ensure development of effective project schedules and understand the critical path(s) or the project(s). After project kicks off, monitor the status of the schedule and ensure reaction to any developments concerning the critical path or other key elements of the project(s) schedule is effective and timely.
- Maintain customer communication from conception through design, manufacture, testing and shipping of products while developing strong customer relationship and building for future work from customer base. Includes identifying opportunities for Oceaneering in other areas then just the target scope.
- Ensure project scope is achieved as well as initiating change management processes as variations and changes from contract requirements or execution plan occurs. Variations or changes include but not limited to, deliverables quantities, technical requirements, quality requirements, schedule changes and approval delays.
- Arrange and monitor assignments of project personnel and key functional department support. This may require establishing work plan and staffing for each phase of project as well as arranging recruitment of project personnel.
- Update proposal risk register and maintain register as project evolves which includes developing effective mitigation plans for significant risks and identifying any new risks as they arise. Escalate any risks accordingly to ensure appropriate management is aware as well as developing lessons learned for future or concurrent projects.
- Ensure key project control documents are generated and maintain such as:
- Quality plans and ITP
- MDL and/or SDRL
- Risk Registers and Lessons Learned
- Communication Plans and associated systems related to communication control
- Manufacturing Databooks
- Validate and verify the quality requirements of all deliverables, both documentation and hardware, meet the appropriate specifications.
- Oversee and manage project related responsibilities of project managers, project coordinators, project schedulers, project analysts, project engineers, designers, etc. as directed.
- Assist and lead proposal development efforts which includes:
- Coordinating various functional departments and business units bid support activities
- Assisting in system/requirements configuration and project execution plan development
- Assisting in costing of the system/requirements
- Identifying potential risks and mitigation plans to address the significant risks and ensure sufficient contingency is allocated for these risks
- Reviewing final project proposals
- Assisting Customer when appropriate with requirement, specification or execution planning.
- Assisting in negotiations and clarifications
- Prepare project reports for management which includes monthly reports, status, financial and forecast, along with delivering all appropriate customer reports as outline in contract and required to fully communicate status, change management and issues.
- Work with Project Groups Manager, and when appropriate Program Manager, to ensure project and departmental controls and policies are adhered to.
- Facilitate technical advice and problem resolution with customer and internally.
- Confer with project technical personnel to provide guidance where appropriate to ensure technical objections are being met and ensuring that any scope changes are being captured.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, technical or business discipline or equivalent combination of related experience and education.
- Minimum ten (10) years of related experience, to include project management experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and PeopleSoft (or other major ERP system)
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Experience working projects with subsea distribution hardware, umbilicals, and/or pipeline repair products
- An Accredited Engineering Degree
- Formal training in Project Management
- Risk Management training
- Ability to communicate in another language, especially German, Chinese, Spanish and Portuguese
- Knowledge of AutoCad, Solidworks, FEA, MS Project and/or Primavera
- PMP or CAPM certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others.
The position will be Hybrid - Remote work until our return to the office post-pandemic. Employees are expected to be able to travel to their designated office as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.