Skills: Financial Audit
Experience: 25 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Reporting to the Sr. Internal Audit Manager, the Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for conducting assigned audit engagements based on the annual Audit Plan and in alignment with Internal Audit methodology. He/she will identify and communicate issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk. He/she will ensure adherence to Internal Audit policies and procedures. In addition to operational audits, he/she will execute and review SOX walkthroughs and control testing. Project examples include: business process reviews, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, strategic risk assessments, process improvement, and special investigations.
WORK LOCATION AND TRAVEL
- Role provides the opportunity to work in hybrid environment, working both virtually and in office when required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Internal Audit Management to plan, perform, manage, and refine analytical/audit/process reviews that enhance the Company's success and control environment.
- Evaluate all business policies, procedures and related controls in to find optimal practices.
- Execute SOX compliance program and work with individual process owners within the organization
- Communicate effectively and professionally with Company Management throughout audit process with regard to developing a mutually effective audit work schedule, conducting audit status meetings, and leading the entrance and exit conferences
- Assist in the development and implementation of effective audit strategies using the COSO and Sarbanes Oxley standards
- Obtain, organize, and present evidential matter as to the reliability and adequacy of the internal control systems within the financial and operational areas of each business unit
- Keep abreast of changes in audit, accounting and industry practices and modify audit risk assessment and audit procedures accordingly
- Contribute to the development of efficiencies and effectiveness of departmental processes to improve our function/and or services
- Partner, collaborate, and team with the business to bring value-adding improvements/audit recommendations.
- Network with internal/external personnel to develop industry, business, and Company knowledge
- Work in conjunction with our external auditors as part of a continued reliance strategy
- Travel up to 25% of the year (both domestic and international).
This position has NO supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years of audit experience, preferably in Big 4 public accounting.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in U.S. GAAP and IFRS, internal control principles (e.g. COSO), and IIA auditing standards.
- CPA (or equivalent), CIA, CISA
- Master's Degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Technical training and experience in multiple internal audit specialties including SOX compliance, IT, financial & operational audits, fraud investigations, and data analytics
- Strong knowledge of IIA standards and ability to execute audit work in accordance with IIA standards
- Strong communication skills across all levels of management
- Strong report writing skills
- Exceptional analytical and organization skills
- Ability to lead and complete multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to build effective and valued relationships
- Ability to work independently and within teams
The position will be Hybrid - Remote work until our return to the office post-pandemic. Employees are expected to be able to travel to their designated office as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.