Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Atyrau, Kazakhstan
Wood (trading locally as JSC WOOD KSS) is currently recruiting for an ETAP Specialist Protection Engineer to be based in Atyrau.
The ETAP Specialist Protection Engineer will be responsible for designing the control and protection systems for substation automation. Taking ownership of power system model and studies, shall be able to deliver high quality engineering solutions for assigned project .
Responsible for providing technical input into the production of Protection Engineering drawings/documents (key line diagrams, schematic diagrams, wiring diagrams, cable block diagrams, cable schedules) by others and checking against design specifications.
Advance experience using Power System modelling ETAP package and multi-function protection relays setting files and logic files. Short-Circuit Analysis, LV/MV Coordination Arc Flash studies and mitigations.
- Responsible for delivery of Electrical Documents / Drawings / Calculations/ Reports/ Studies etc as per Project Scope
- Review / understand the project SoW and perform activities as per schedule
- Provide Protection Engineering solutions for assigned project
- Create concept protection systems for substation automation and refurbishing existing systems
- Perform fault calculations, protection studies and carry out protection schemes
- Recognize and communicate opportunities on design process
- Identify Scope changes and report to Lead and concerned Project Engineer
- Identify any concerns during design process and report to Lead Electrical Engineer
- Perform site visits as required and produce reports
- Ensure deliverables are produced to meet the acceptable Quality Level
- Follow Project Schedule and control the Project Cost
- Liaison / co-ordination with client and sub-contractors / vendors for protections scope
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and difficult co-ordination requirements
- Mentor national engineers and provide on-job training
- Provide technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers
- Understand Company's Business Management System (Comprising Business / Quality Procedures, Guidelines, Policies etc) and follow accordingly
- Understand and Follow Company's and Client's HSE policies
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Training course of ETAP and Protections design would be an advantage
- A minimum experience of 7 years working in a multi-disciplinary Engineering office in a similar role is highly desirable
- At least 4 years' experience with O&G Substation design project is mandatory
- Able to prioritise workload to ensure all deadlines are met
- Flexible approach to design solutions
- Decision making skills
- Positive working attitude, able to demonstrate self-motivation and proactive approach
- Able to work within a team environment
- Must be a confident communicator and proactive problem solver
- Open to learning and adapt to changes and new technologies
- Team player
- Fully conversant with the latest Power Distribution and Substation standards & technologies applicable to Protection Engineering
- Ability to Handle Electrical Engineering Activities independently
- Calculation softwares
- Electrical System Software: ETAP - advanced, SPEL - will be an advantage
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.