Skills: Process Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Immingham, England, United Kingdom
Wood Process and Energy are seeking expressions of interest for a Senior Process Engineer to support project in Immingham for a durations of 6 months. Maybe extend subject to the project needs.
The successful candidate will act as S enior Process Engineer on project teams and have responsibility for the process design across a range of Wood's current projects at all stages of the design process. You will be joining a business with a history of Petrochemical, Refineries, gas infrastructure and Chemicals projects, but also providing services to the power sector and emerging technologies, such as Hydrogen and CCS, in the energy transition market.
We are looking for engineers with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to EPC, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client's requirements. Applicants with strong leadership and technical skills and experience in these markets are welcome. Experience in a lead engineer role would be added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and supervise Process Engineering Teams in Studies, FEEDs and EPC Projects
- File process calculations and other documents in the proper manner at the conclusion of design work
- Undertake process design work of units as required, supervise and check work of assigned engineers on the project as appropriate
- Execute process engineering activities within the budget and schedule, as well as maintaining technical integrity of the designs
- Develop the basis of design as the Lead Process Engineer, undertake detailed calculations to develop the design and be responsible for the accuracy of these calculations
- Ensure that detail design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment specifications, Process Descriptions and P&IDs for review and approval
- Be responsible for the checking or approval of process calculations in accordance with Wood procedures
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
- Perform safety related calculations and provide input to Hazops, SIL and other safety reviews as directed
- Contribute where necessary to review of supplier quotations and reviews of the project 3D CAD model
- Ensure that requirements of Licensor's Secrecy Agreements are known and complied within the work performed
- Participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with client engineers
- Assist as required in the preparation of Operating Manuals
Skills / Qualifications
- Chemical Engineering Degree
- Chartered Chemical Engineer status
- Experience of working on and leading Studies, FEED and EPC projects associated with refining and p etro/chemicals within the Oil & Gas sector
- Proven core Process Engineering skills, including design experience
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
- Ability to impact and influence fellow workers
- Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
- Display analytical and innovation skills to manage new technology
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.