Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Officer
Other Skills: Well Intervention, Drilling, Workover, Land-based projects
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: CO, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Industrial Safety Solutions provides an environment which supports the employees. We hire, train, and place employees in the field with complete confidence that they will provide the highest quality service to our clients. We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes affordable health insurance, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k, credit union options.
ISS is looking for experienced and motivated individuals to fill Health & Safety positions within our Permian Basin Health, Safety and Environment Department. This position will work with client team leaders providing a key role in all HSE matters. Projects will involve Well Intervention HSE Support on land based locations.
This position will be a Monday-Friday schedule with a minimum of 12 hours per day. Living in or near the Midland/Odessa area will be beneficial.
W2 position with benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, Life, 401K, AFLAC
- Lead company and contractor teams to deliver an exemplary safety performance.
- Demonstrate excellent safety leadership and behaviors, ensuring that the company safety expectations are communicated and maintained.
- Foster a safe culture by being informed, mindful, learning, fair and respectful.
- Participate in incident investigations, work with team to develop corrective actions, and implement learnings effectively.
- Engage team in safety meetings and follow up on outstanding actions in a timely manner.
- Perform field audits of Permit to Work, Isolations, JSA, and job site activities.
- Participate in emergency response exercises on the platform to ensure fully conversant with procedures.
- Plays a key role in hazard identification and risk analysis.
- Work with Health, Safety and Environment teams to ensure waste is properly classified, manifested, and managed
- Manage and share lessons learned from audit findings.
- Input information into our Daily Safety Report.
- 5+ years of relevant Health & Safety experience working in the Oil & Gas industry; experience working on land preferred.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety and Environment issues, procedures, and regulations as they apply to Oil and Gas operations; knowledge of Gulf of Mexico regulations preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills dealing with personnel at various levels and in a variety of functions.
- Desire to be a team player.
- Keen and able learner, readily adaptable to change.
- Effective oral and written communication skills ; ability to effectively present complex topics in a concise manner.
- Strong expertise in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong time-management skills and ability to independently plan and prioritize multiple assignments to meet expectations of time and quality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working on offshore oil & gas projects
- Knowledge of land based oil and gas Health, Safety and Environment (e.g., TX Railroad Commission, BSEE, USCG) regulations