Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently searching for a talented Senior Pipeline Engineering Analyst to support the Subsea group in Houston, TX. The Senior Pipeline Engineering Analyst will have an opportunity to work on particularly complex pipeline design challenges using Wood's internal suite of analysis tools to develop engineer ed solutions that meet the needs of an ever-changing industry. This role may include secondments to a client's organization.
Wood's Subsea group is currently providing the design and delivery of some of the latest, large-scale subsea design projects in the US and around the globe, for the Oil & Gas industry. This is a great opportunity to ass ume a leadership role on major execution projects and work closely with the internal stakeholders and the Wood Subsea Team Leads.
The Senior Pipeline Engineering Analyst shall assist the wider subsea team with pipeline related activities, by supporting the subsea team to win and execute subsea projects. In addition, they shall:
- Work closely with subsea Team Lead to plan and manage the execution of engineering activities.
- Apply advanced pipeline engineering analysis techniques using our suite of software packages and tools , to assess the following:
- On-bottom roughness
- Lateral buckling
- Pipeline walking
- Review/prepare specifications and engineering design reports.
- Motivate and train younger engineers
- Ensure compliance with the Company HSE Policy
- Work within all subsea disciplines such as facilities, pipeline, structures, materials and support teams to complete required activities.
- Interface directly with vendors / customers
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Ocean, Civil/Structural preferred); Professional Engineering License highly desirable
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the design of Subsea pipelines
- Advance level knowledge in analysis with Abaqus FEA analysis package
- Strong analytical skills including advanced analysis techniques
- It is essential that candidate has previous experience in rigid pipeline design analysi
- It is essential that the candidate has the ability to work in a team as well as individually with a minimum supervision
- Knowledge of the relevant DNVGL and API codes relating to pipelines
- Experience with pipelay analysis would be beneficial
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) with the ability to act as focal point for the client, contractors, suppliers and internal groups
- Must be US citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.