Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Redcar, United Kingdom
E&I Superintendent - Redcar Based
Wood Process & Energy are seeking experienced Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendents in the North East to provide services for 9 months on a major EPCm energy project.
The appointed will be required for oversight of appointed subcontractor works and associated QC inspections.
The opportunity will ensure all quality control checks and tests are instigated with records maintained and available as required for underground metallic and non-metallic checks, pre and posttest checks, hydrostatic testing, flushing and drying, safety relief valve installation, all in accordance with contractors agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications.
- Routinely study, check, review and validate the discipline scope of work against the appropriate Contract Requisition to ensure the Contractors correctly interpret and comply with the latest revision AFC drawings, quantities, and specifications.
- Manage proper control of changes by issuing FI's for all changes, reviewing TQ's to ensure responses are appropriate and practical, and reviewing ARN's to ensure correct use of construction resources.
- In conjunction with other discipline superintendents ensure contractor interfaces are both coordinated and planned to provide logical progress and target completions as per the contract schedule and daily work plan.
- Review and communicate to Wood staff and contractors the commissioning procedural execution and inspection criteria for all pre-commissioning activities.
- Review method statements for pre-commissioning and commissioning activities to ensure workforce co-ordination and integration has been considered and all the project Quality and HSE requirements have been complied with.
- Proactively assess Contractors against agreed schedules and milestones, and challenge/support as necessary Contractor ability to achieve required progress, inform the Wood General Superintendent of shortfalls and anomalies.
You will also ensure:
- Contractors who are working on site have temporary facilities, equipment and hand tools etc that are fully capable of supporting contractors site needs in the execution of contracted works to meet schedule completions.
- Supervisors / Inspectors carry out the witness, inspection and surveillance checks in accordance with contractor discipline Inspection and Test Plans, and the Wood site quality plan.
- All approved modifications to Works are recorded on red-lined 'as-built' drawings and are verified as correct by field personnel, checking m anagement and supervision are providing safe working conditions and permitting procedures, protective equipment.
- Contractors survey and accept their work areas and commence contracted works within schedule time requirements, mobilizing supervision, materials and equipment in practical logical sequences.
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience in a similar E&I Construction role with e xperience of working on a Petrochemical Site
- UK wide EPC or EPCm experience
- Technically qualified / time served trades person with trade registrations / vocational qualifications
- Knowledge of local labour market
- Demonstrable experience of managing direct labour
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, codes and standards with the ability to manage contractors
- Computer literate (MS Office components)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.