Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Technician
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Our large oil and gas operator client is hiring an Offshore Senior Mechanical Technician on a long-term contract.
Purpose of Role:
• This role is responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance of platform plant and equipment to maximize and optimise production opportunities and achieve day-to-day production targets; this will include informing the operations team members to investigate anomalies and carry out routine and non-routine operational actions, to ensure the installation and ancillary plant are operated in a safe and efficient manner
MAE/MATTE and HSE
• Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and HSEQ procedures
• Conduct first line response to emergency situations, ensuring correct actions are taken and emergency response teams alerted.
• Carry out emergency response duties in accordance with platform Station Bill.
• Set an exemplary standard of HSE to all staff and contractors
Areas of Responsibility Competence Level: • Demonstrate excellent safety leadership and behaviours, ensuring that health, safety, security and environmental expectations are communicated, maintained and implemented.
• Complete preventative and remedial maintenance in accordance with Maximo schedule and work instructions, with emphasis on safety critical activities.
• Carry out fault finding and diagnostic checks on all site equipment, ensuring any repairs are addressed promptly.
• Respond to breakdowns in a timely manner and carry out and apply effective fault finding and investigation techniques
• Carry out major services, overhauls, and intrusive maintenance on site equipment.
• Support the work preparation of maintenance routines or remedial activities.
• Participate, as required, in root cause analysis to improve equipment reliability.
• Record comprehensive work history in Maximo and identify any follow up work and materials as required.
• Act as platform focal point for dedicated mechanical work scopes, when required, checking that the scopes are correctly prepared and executed within agreed timeframes.
• Act as platform focal point for non-core contractors and visitors as required and monitor for the safe and efficient execution of their work in line with installation procedures and practices.
• Identify and propose ideas and solutions that will increase efficiency in cost or time without loss of integrity and present idea(s) to relevant management.
• Share knowledge and best practices to support and improve team performance.
• Adopt a flexible working attitude to provide support across all departments to ensure team success.
• Liaise with onshore team to ensure that they are aware of progress, status and requirements.
• Follow plans and execute activities in line with good industry practice.
• Coordinate the activities of vendors and contractors.
• Participate in CAMS competence scheme including any multi-skilled role in accordance with the relevant competence framework.
• May be required to fulfil several additional roles, including HDA, ERTM, LOLER rep etc., as required by the overall facility competence matrix.
• Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Critical Skills Qualifications Experience, etc.:
(* Indicate either preferred or essential.)
• Recognised Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme
• ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering
• NVQ/SVQ Level 3 certification in Maintenance
• Experience and proven track record of consistently good performance in a similar role, with significant experience of operating or maintaining a complex hydrocarbon producing facility
• Previous Supervisory experience advantageous
• Significant experience of maintaining and/or operating rotating equipment advantageous
• Experience of work preparation on complex systems advantageous
• Experienced in coaching / mentoring or assessing preferred
• Experienced in use of PTW (ISSOW, P-Vision, etc)
• Must demonstrate leadership / mentoring skills
• Strong team player with experience of motivating teams
• Have a strong focus on delivering business objectives to agreed timelines
• Demonstrate working knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and ability to apply it in the workplace
• Awareness of HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
• Awareness of Values & Business Principles
• Awareness of Safety and Environmental Critical Roles
• Introduction to Senior Management
• Offshore HSEQ inductions
• Has attended and achieved MJI10 certification preferred
• Can demonstrate knowledge & experience with working on Gas Turbines preferred
• Can demonstrate knowledge & experience with working on Centrifugal & positive displacement pump packages preferred
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.