Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Our client, a major O&G operator, is currently looking for a Tax Lead on a staff basis in Aberdeen.
Purpose of Role:
• Management of a portfolio of tax matters to ensure that Client complies with its legal obligations in relation to taxation and across relevant taxes.
• To work with VP - Tax and the other Tax Leads to provide a holistic Tax function.
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence Level:
• Accuracy and timeliness of all tax returns in respect of UK corporate taxes, Petroleum Revenue Tax (PRT) and VAT additionally providing support on request to the Human Resources Team in respect of employment taxes.
• Accuracy of the reported accounting results in respect of UK taxation.
• On behalf of Client ensure a quality relationship with HMRC.
• Support the effectiveness of the entire tax team, and its delivery of support to the business.
• Provision of UK tax advice as required to support the business on a portfolio of assets.
• Corporate oversight and assurance on tax affairs managed in Client international Business Units.
• Responsibility for ensuring adequate procedures and documentation in place to comply with the Group's transfer pricing obligations across all jurisdictions.
• Review and input into UK corporate tax computations as required ahead of submission to HMRC.
• Ensuring that adequate processes, procedures and controls are in place across the tax department and that these are suitably documented.
• Ensuring that the financing position of the group is optimised for tax purposes.
• Supporting the VP - Tax on the Client Tax Strategy and Tax Governance.
• Representation and lobbying on behalf of Client through the BRINDEX committee.
• Provision of transaction structuring support and due diligence support for International new business opportunities as required.
• Collaboratively working with the other Tax Leads to ensure that Client overall tax position is optimised.
• Line management responsibility.
• Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Critical Skills* Qualifications Experience, etc.:
(* Indicate either preferred or essential.) • Accounting degree or law degree or equivalent.
• Qualified Chartered Accountant and/or Chartered Tax Advisor.
• A high level of knowledge of the UK upstream tax code.
• Detailed practical experience of UK upstream tax implications of acquisitions and divestment (A&D) activity.
• Experience of advising on, and executing, complex transactions.
• Experience in reviewing earnings data for UK upstream activity, identifying issues, and framing an appropriate control and risk management environment.
• A high level of experience in UK tax compliance, including the preparation and review of corporate and PRT tax returns.
• Experience in negotiating complex UK tax issues with HMRC.
• Working knowledge of general corporate law and its application.
• Able to correctly and competently handle complex tax matters of high value, and able to delegate complex advice.
• Strong commitment to technical excellence and driven to get advice correct.
• Ability to clearly articulate complex tax matters to a range of internal and external audiences.
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• High commercial awareness of value drivers, where required, a skilled negotiator.
• Desire to develop people and provide active leadership on difficult or contentious matters.
• Financial numeracy/literacy a pre-requisite.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.