Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basra, Iraq
Wood is currently looking for Project Training & Competence Coordinator to support our operations project in Iraq. There is no rotation associated with this position and as such, we can only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals residing in Basra and surrounding areas.
Key aims and objectives
- Provide a professional Training & Competence support to Wood's Iraq based projects and contracts covering operations in Iraq (BGC, EMIL, BP ROO, Professional Resource and Special Engineering Services).
- Facilitate and support the delivery of In Country Value-add (ICV) strategy.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Adhere to Health and Safety standards and requirements of Wood and be a role model for project personnel.
- To ensure all Training & Competence related procedures are administered and followed
- To ensure availability of competent personnel as required by the project in line with resourcing schedule
- To ensure ICV project requirements are met
- To develop and maintain project Training Matrix, annual project Training Plan and Budget
- To facilitate development of competence frameworks and assessment forms for all functions on the project and ensure Competence assurance process is followed by all project personnel
- To ensure every in-country national project employees have individual development plans and these plans are regularly reviewed and followed
- To source all relevant training courses as per project requirements focusing on developing in-country (Iraq) capability for covering external training needs of the project
- To coordinate and ensure that payments are made correctly whilst covering training sessions.
- Liaise with training providers to ensure that identified needs are met and that delivery is high quality and continually reviewed to ensure continuous improvement.
- To establish regular reporting process about the progress with Training & Competence key performance indicators (KPI's)
- To support Training & Competence related global corporate initiatives, i.e. Graduate development, Leadership development, High Potential development.
- To attend all project meetings with relation to training & competence as and when required
Skills / Qualifications
- Advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels
- Ability to prioritise and manage work to deadlines
- Good working knowledge of the analysis, design, delivery and evaluation of adult training
- Good working knowledge about competence assurance process
- Effective IT skills
- Fluency in English is essential, whilst fluency in Arabic would be highly beneficial
Qualifications / Training
- Essential: Bachelor's degree in humanities or social sciences
- Desired: Qualification in Training & Learning (CIPD, CPLP)
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role in Oil & Gas industry
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.