Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Mining & Minerals business group. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located at our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this opportunity is for you.
This position will be hybrid (a minimum of 3 days per week in attendance at our office in Vancouver will be required).
- Designing heavy industrial structures related to mining and mineral processing; covering structures such as mill processing buildings, conveyor galleries, loadout facilities, storage facilities, bins and tanks
- Writing specifications and reviewing project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation, including checking for technical accuracy
- Ensuring all deliverables are completed on time, on budget, and exceed quality standards
- Developing and maintaining positive communication channels with clients and internal Wood personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing first class engineering services
- Efficiently and effectively managing multiple tasks independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Managing and mentoring Junior and Intermediate level Structural Engineers and Designers
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university with P.Eng designation or ability to register as a Professional with EGBC
- A minimum 15 years experience in structural engineering design within mining, energy and/or industrial projects of varying stages from conceptual to detailed design
- Capable of developing creative yet practical design concepts
- Experience in writing technical reports, specifications, and in preparing the material take-offs
- Experience in technical evaluations of construction contracts and material / equipment supply contracts
- Excellent organizational, technical, communication and computer skills
- Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.