Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hastings, Victoria, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced, hands-on Senior HSE Advisor to join our team onshore, primarily based to the South East of Melbourne with potential for occasional assignments at Gippsland facilities. Reporting to the Assignment HSE Manager, the Senior HSE Advisor will manage Wood HSE requirements on-site to ensure compliance in accordance with Wood and Client policies and procedures. The Senior HSE Advisor undertakes day-to-day direction from management and is responsible for delivery of HSE systems and processes in support of Assignment activities. At times, overtime hours will be required in accordance with activity and project requirements inclusive of weekend work.
- Engage with the Wood workforce, subcontractors, project teams and client operations personnel to identify and manage high risk activities and day-to-day HSE support requirements
- Actively engage and communicate to maximise occupational hazard awareness
- Provide effective HSE advice, guidance, assistance and support to the Assignment
- Focus on delivery elements and implementation of HSE policies and practices. Assists in the resolution of team issues and monitors integration of health and safety programmes including hazard and risk identification, incident reporting and investigation, employee health and well-being, environmental hygiene and organisational transformation
- Records and reports HSE performance metrics including both leading and lagging indicators
- Implements programmes to continuously improve HSE performance on the assignment as directed
- Engage closely with client representatives to ensure client HSE performance expectations are met
- Pro-actively leads post incident care management as well post-incident investigations and reporting relating to their area of responsibility
Skills / Qualifications
- 5 years minimum Occupational Health and Safety role experience in the Industrial/Oil & Gas Services environment
- Previous experience in a similar hands-on field-based capacity is a pre-requisite
- Relevant qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety to a minimum of Diploma level. Tertiary qualifications in the HSE field will be well regarded
- Demonstrates technical expertise and the ability to influence and challenge others to behave in ways consistent with the interest of the organisation
- Identifies the primary task in each team situation and maintains clear focus to achieve results
- Demonstrates sound, fact-based decision making, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, clients and contractors to help teams achieve goals
- Able to understand changing workplace trends and developments, responds to client issues and organisational capabilities
- Ability to develop optimal responses as directed by the HSE Assignment Manager and line management in order to meet present challenges
- Previous experience effectively performing post incident emergency response and care management will be highly regarded
- Previous experience leading industrial incident investigations and directly generating coherent, post incident investigation reports is critical
- Previous experience in Root Cause Analysis investigation processes/tools such as TapRoot, ICAM, Apollo RCA is highly desirable
- Strong technical and computer-based skills in HSE management, inclusive of all Microsoft Office programs
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Senior HSE Advisor, ready for your next challenge, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.