Hanover, Maryland, United States
Hanover, Maryland, United States
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, Operations Management
Other Skills: Records Archive Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Records/ and Infomation Management Specialist is responsible for direct support of an Analysis Center and performs a variety of duties In support of official records management program, including evaluating, analyzing and driving efficiencies in overall records management work flow and coordination. This position is located in our Suitland, MD location.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance, advice, guidance, training, policy and procedures for the systematic identification, maintenance, retirement, and destruction of records information at the end of each record life-cycle requirements.
- Analyze information for record data design, and provide guidance to OTECH management and security to ensure the development of all electronic records management system adheres to enterprise architecture.
- Prepare, conduct and facilitate records management training for the organization.
- Review and interprets Congressional mandates for all electronic and non-electronic records, National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) regulations, standards and guidance.
- Review appropriate national and international professional records/information management standards to assist with the development, plans and procedures for implementing command records management policies, regulations and retention schedules.
- Conduct periodic records management quality of control reviews/audits internally to ensure compliance with audits, risk assessments and surveys.
- Support official records management program initiatives to include collection, receipt, and disposition of documents, training, conduction of studies and surveys, and manager both automated and manual record keeping systems.
- Take initiative to prepare for inspections conducted by the Department of Navy as required by policies.
- Analyze record management files to identify gaps in effectiveness and recommends process improvements for the electronic systems.
- Prepare formal written technical reports and oral briefings to report analysis findings and conclusions to the customer. Prepare written products for senior leadership and managers.
- Review, assign, prepare and track correspondence to ensure proper coordination, correctness, timeliness, and completion of assigned actions for the information and signature of higher level management officials. Ensures proper security procedures are applied to all classified correspondence and office procedures.
- Represent OTECH and our customer by interacting and participating in meetings, panels and committees within Department of Defense, Department of the Navy and Intelligence Community in the capital planning process for all major information systems to ensure that records management functionality appropriate to the records/information assets they support is included in system design.
- Serve as a liaison for the organization and participate in inter-agency and intra-agency meetings and conferences as required.
- Produce various ad hoc documentation & deliverables.
- Maintain configuration control thereby ensuring precise data records.
- Support program reviews and technical reviews of various documentation deliverables.
- Some travel may be required.
- Active TS/SCI DoD security clearance (candidates will need to obtain a CI Poly).
- Minimum 5 years of related record management experience.
- Must be well versed in standard records keeping practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and work independently and in team settings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- NARA (National Archives & Records Administration) training
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.