Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for an entry- to mid-level Automation Technical Professional with a strong background in Distributed Control Systems (DCS) to be based in Calgary, Alberta. This is a permanent position, but contingent upon Wood being awarded the project.
Wood Applied Intelligence, the largest vendor-independent system integrator in the world with proven stability for more than 20 years is looking for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a strong problem solver; an individual capable of thinking outside the box and taking initiative to address technical challenges.
Join us and be part of an agile working team that can support office and homed based assignments. This role will work in the office\home and as well as on site at client facilities. The successful candidate will have the ability to work effectively and diligently as an individual engineer and team member in front of both internal and external customers.
We pride ourselves on solving real-world problems for our clients by providing full engineering, consulting, procurement, and construction services to our customers across the globe. Our automation team works on hands-on projects that span the full spectrum - from small integration projects to Main Automation Contractor programs for large, multi-EPC projects.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in Automation Engineering projects for the design and implementation of automation systems for oil & gas and process industry projects.
- Engage in all phases of automation projects, front-end engineering through detailed design, procurement, configuration, implementation, startup, and commissioning in areas such as DCS Configuration, SCADA, HMI, SIS/FGS PLC programming and interfacing, architecture and networking, and specification development.
- Attend and support site surveys, Factory Acceptance Test (FAT's), Site Acceptance Test (SAT's) and commissioning activities for delivered systems.
- Review, comment, and provide input on the project schedule and project cost estimate.
- Support procurement with vendors lists development, requisition development, technical bid tabulations and clarifications, purchase recommendations, monitor progress and maintain communications with vendors as required.
- Travel expected to customer locations for project implementation (25%).
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in one of the following disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Automation & Control, Electronics, Computers/Systems, Mechatronic, or related area.
- Must have between 3- and 10-years' Automation experience.
- Experience with an operating company, systems vendor, or engineering services provider for the onshore or offshore oil & gas and/or energy industry, is preferred.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in Distributed Control Systems (DCS) hardware, network architecture, integration, configuration and programming, industrial protocols, HMI Graphics and databases, and SCADA System configuration and installations.
- Hands-on experience with Yokogawa CENTUM DCS and/or ProSafe is required and prefer hands-on experience with at least one other DCS/SIS platform (DeltaV, ABB 800XA, Honeywell TDC-2000/3000, Honeywell Experion PKS C300, Honeywell FSC, Honeywell Safety Manager Bradley, Triconex, etc.). Certification and completed course work in the above is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment.
- Strong background and direct experience with multiple systems platforms, operating systems and the interactions between systems, system hardware and architecture.
- Demonstrated proficient knowledge of the principles of relational databases, application interfaces, and Human Machine Interface design and implementation.
- Preparation of DCS/SIS/PLC, SCADA, computer system control panel racks, advanced control and SCADA specifications, test document and procedures, and related drawings.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Access, MS Teams, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with coworkers, clients, and vendors.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.