Skills: WellSite Supervisor, Installation Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Installation Supervisor directs activities of workers concerned with construction of Sub-Sea oil and gas infrastructure, dams, pipelines, or other construction projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interfaces with clients and client third party representative, marine personnel and different OII divisions to orchestrate the successful execution of our clients' projects.
- Studies specifications to plan and commensurate the procedures for installation or IMR activities on basis the of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Assists project managers with development of procedures and tooling in preparation for Installations or IMR projects
- Informs Operations Manager of condition of vessel and OII dock areas in relation to project activities
- Serves as principle HSE agent on vessel for OPG activities. Liaison for OPG to Marine Division
- Directs and supervise riggers and 3 rd party laborers.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of projects and mobilizations.
- Confers with supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve installation and mobilization problems and improve methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to project schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Directs workers concerned with major maintenance or reconditioning projects for existing installations.
- This position has No direct HR reports, but directs and oversees the work of different OII divisions, superintendents, riggers and 3 rd party laborers offshore.
- 3 to 5 Five (3) years' experience in Deepwater Installations as Installation Supervisor
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Gulf Safe Training
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Water Survival Training
- Valid Passport
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One-year certificate from college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well informed decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Influences others to translate vision to action.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the lights are intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, many of Oceaneering's clients are requiring that all individuals working at their sites be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for this position. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.