Skills: Research & Development, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Singapore, Singapore
As an Associate Mechanical Engineer, you will be part of the R&D Mechanical team that lead the design and development of innovative new products in Wireline & Perforating Services (WPS). This position refers to leading the downhole tool build activities, starting from the sub-system and up to the full system level of the company products. The position includes mechanical test fixture design and tool qualification. Expect to work with multi-disciplinary teams including electronics, system engineering, technical service and more. This position also includes interfaces with other groups related to transfer of design to production, manufacturing engineering and field-testing support.
- Provide technical supports to the manufacturing group and field support for Wireline downhole tool. This includes assembly procedure, instruction, high temp soldering and wiring.
- Supporting transfer to production, defining basic assembly and service instructions.
- Assist engineers in prototype & pilot tool builds.
- Verify the functionality of products design by developing test methodology and specifications to ensure that products design meet applicable performance requirements. Test and assembly fixture design will be required.
- Complete the project scope within the budget and schedule defined by the project documents.
- Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from feasibility study and proof of concept through to developed prototypes and production.
- Interfaces with outside vendors for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years in R&D or manufacturing experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to design mechanical assembly and test fixture.
- Proficiency in using Solidworks modelling 3D CAD design software is a plus.
- Proficiency in engineering drawings.
- Familiar in Oil & Gas downhole tools for high pressure high temperature (HPHT) environment.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
315 Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Singapore, Singapore, 639940, Singapore
Requisition Number: 155945
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.