Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Watkins, Colorado, United States
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Lease Operator in Watkins, CO. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. Candidate responsible for well operations of pump jack rod/plunger, gas lift, pump unit and compression. Local candidates preferred as no lodging or per diem is provided. #woodco
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Prepares for and performs maintenance, taking readings, doing rounds, issuing work permits, following procedures, initiating work requests, writing procedures, and interfacing with support groups.
- Proactively monitors well and equipment performance, take appropriate action to maximize production.
- Works with support groups to optimize chemical pump rates based on production data (corrosion, paraffin, soap injection, etc.).
- Operate and optimize Artificial Lift Systems such as: wellhead compression, capillary strings, plunger lift, foamed injection, gas lif ts and flow case equipment
- Ensure wells are prioritized and operated to maintain contractual obligations (e)Operate rental compressors, flowing gas wells, gas lift wells, rod pump units, submersible wells, surface pumping equipment, and test wells
- Interfaces with Engineering for data gathering requests.
Skills / Qualifications
- 2+ years direct experience with oil and gas production practices, equipment and terminology
- Booster Stations
- Pump Units
- Gas Lift
- Ability to utilize laptop PC and applicable software programs
- Climb heights up to 24 feet to gauge tanks
- Walk, bend, stoop and lift
- Pay$26-$29/hr DOE
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.