Skills: Business Analyst
Other Skills: Wind Energy
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Overview / Responsibilities
Join us on the renewables revolution and help tackle climate change - You won't just be helping make a world of difference, you'll be creating a bright future for yourself too!
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Wind Energy Analyst to join their expanding technical advisory team based in Hamburg supporting the Onshore and Offshore Wind industry across Europe and Globally.
We recognise the value of remote and hybrid working so are open to applications throughout Germany.
Join a culture of innovation , pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
The Wind Energy Anaylst will be responsible for a variety of commercial and non-commercial wind analysis and due diligence based tasks.
This will include undertaking analysis of wind and operational data, including SCADA data, to predict the energy output of wind farm projects for a variety of clients, developers, lenders, investors and other project stakeholders.
As such, the successful candidate will be expected to advance and develop Wood's position as a market leading consultancy in providing wind farm development consultancy services.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with previous analytical and due diligence experience to gain valuable exposure across a wide range of different projects and tasks across Europe and to continue developing their knowledge and experience within the onshore wind sector.
We are particularly interested in talking to candidates who are fluent in Polish and or a Nordic language.
Our Clients and Projects
It's a future for all of us . We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society.
We service a varied client base worldwide, including WorldClass private developers (major and independent), investment banks, utilities & power generation companies, pension funds, Technology Innovation and Research Centres - to name but a few. We provide value add services bespoke to the clients' requirements across; advisory services, technical specialists, project management, owners engineering through all the phases of the project lifecycle. Our specialisms across the renewables sector include; onshore and offshore wind, green hydrogen, solar, grid, storage and infrastructure. The work that we do for our clients is key to making the energy transition possible.
What we can offer
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across renewables and emerging energy sectors
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Access to Advisory Services training - you can access a library of unique training material developed by experts within advisory services
- Energy Transition Academy - join a community of experts and gain more exposure to a variety of existing and emerging energy systems
- Project Management Academy - join a community of project management professionals and gain the opportunity to increase your knowledge base across a spectrum of Project Management training available to you
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
If all of this sounds good to you , review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood.
- Analysis and interpretation of measured wind data
- Modelling of wind flow using linear and non-linear wind flow models. Familiarity with Meteodyn and Ansys Wind Modeller software considered as an advantage
- Calculation of energy yield assessment and technical losses
- Written and verbal communication of technical detail to a non-technical audience
- Management of projects and budgets
- Client interfacing and relationship management
- Due diligence of third party energy yield assessment reports
- Awareness of the market and on-going innovation in technology and research
- Mentoring of less experienced team members
Skills / Qualifications
You may read these details and are potentially thinking about not applying due to not having every single skill, knowledge or experience listed, and that's understandable. However, we'd still like to hear from you.. At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences. So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges....do apply.
- Previous experience of working in an engineering consultancy/developer environment in the wind industry
- Previous experience in a wind analysis related discipline
- Knowledge of Wind flow modelling ( Meteodyn and Ansys an advantage)
- Working knowledge of Operational energy yield assessment (SCADA)
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Willingness to travel (site visits, conferences, meetings
- Skilled in MS Office incl. good MS Excel skills
- Fully fluent in English language both verbal and written
- Fluent in Polish or a Nordic language
- Degree in a highly numerate discipline ( e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics, meteorology)
- Software/programming skills (Python in particular ) experience
- Knowledge of onshore & offshore wind industry across Europe
- Post-graduate qualification in a highly numerate discipline - desired
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.